Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ironic discovering about webbuilding...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironic discovering about webbuilding...!!!

So, I take my kids to the library yesterday and decide to look through the section on computers/web building/html etc. I was thinking if I read some books on the basic terms and processes, I would understand this whole world a little better. I couldn't help but notice two ironic things:

1. The section of our library with these type "manuals" (html for dummies, etc.) was in the far back corner of the building where I have NEVER been before (dewy decimal system puts these books in the 00 section)

2. The shelf RIGHT NEXT to the computer books was full of titles such as "witchcraft" "tarrot card reading" "visions" and other such stuff. I have to say I began laughing out loud!!!

You could take this "metaphor" a couple of ways: "all the RUBBISH" is at the back of the library! OR trying to build a website will turn me to the dark side! LOL OR I'm gonna need a bunch of HOCUS POCUS to make this work!!!!!!!!!!!!
    still working on website!

Re: Ironic discovering about webbuilding...!!!

Lol , imagine what it was like 20 years ago. Good analogy.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

you've got to admit that there is something magical about the entire process of creating a website.
      One day it does not exist and then the next, everyone can see it.
      I still feel a little primitive around the technology.
      MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
      Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
      www.princess-bride.co.uk
      Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Islandcrazy:

No wories bra, just swing a couple of dead chickens over your head while you chant html before starting your computer.lol

Welcome to Vodaland .............or is it Vodoland

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
          Islandcrazy:

No wories bra, just swing a couple of dead chickens over your head while you chant html before starting your computer.lol

Welcome to Vodaland .............or is it Vodoland
          lol...too funny!
          Islandcrazy - have a visit to fantastico and explore there! Better than the local library!

Comment

That's it!! I forgot the dead Chicken!! and yes, i did almost type Voodooland a couple of times! LOL

Kate, Guess I will go over to Fantastico and do some chanting!!!

Good point, Mark...it is "magical" and quite mind boggling to think of the whole scope of the web. Makes my brain go "POOF!"

Comment

Chant on my friend!...it does work...lol...ask lincs she did a rain dance and we had rain for a week!...lol...and that way over the pond!...shes good!

Comment

My turn;
                Let me see...left carot dot dot dot
                stop the rain dot dot dot
                dollar sign no more heat
                swinging chickens by their feet
                one eight nine just in time
                threw that in to make it rhyme
                now right carot dot dot dot
                stop and see what we have got

OK Honey you can turn the Marley record off now......wow I'm out of shape one little dance and I'm pooped....pant pant pant....hope I don't get in bad with the Voodooland gods for using parots.... no one has chickens around here..... heck I,m in the OC

Comment

Whoa, its raining here.....hehehe

Comment

Can someone do the 'stop the rain dance' now..??!!! It's starting to flood.

Comment

I knew I should have used chickens, Honest guys I was trying to stop the rain and the heat, and now all I have is pain in my feet. Some people can screw up anything. Is there a witch doctor in the house?

Comment

no you started it you have to stop it!...cant pass the chicken!

Comment

hhmmmmmmm.......PLEASE send all the rain to DALLAS! PLEASE!! we are falling into the cracks!

circus....too funny! I think you might want to leave the rain dancing to the voodoo people and focus on the steel drums, island breezes, tropical drinks and the Marley dancing! Sigh....to be dancing on the island right now.....

NOW...it looks like i wil have to get an avatar if I'm going to hang around you guys! I've only been here a couple weeks and Bill has gone from a chimp, to cartoon, to a mask, to George Forman to a true cigar king!! It is fun to see ya'lls pics!

Comment

Hey Island!...send me your pic and Ill make an avatar for ya...looks like im in a new business....lol....and lovin' it!...seriously send a photo and Ill fix ya up!...

Comment

islandcrazy:

By all means send the general your pic, she does great work. put me on a teen dating site ...boy were they dissapointed

Comment

Working...
                              X