preview blue voda, page not adjusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preview blue voda, page not adjusting

I've gone through all of the forums and can't find an answer to this one. In Blue Voda everything looks fine, when I preview some of the pages they are totally different. To explain I need to give you details. I am using a background image; the same one for every page. Most of the pages come up exactly right, but one or two just don't fill the browser and on one in particular the text and other images are overhanging the background image. I have tried everything.
    Sarah's reply to one question in this forum was "using another browser to check -- maybe the browser settings". I have asked this question before but did not get an answer: How do I adjust Blue Voda to preview in an altenate browser rather than my default? I don't want to change my default browser because I hate IE; it's too dangerous. But I would like to use it as "a second opinion".
    But more importantly what can I do about my page that simply will not fit. One out of 20.

Did you specify the background image as Page background (using page properties)? In that case your browser should tile the image if it's not large enough to fit the whole browser view.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

how simple was that

Originally posted by Pablo
      Did you specify the background image as Page background (using page properties)? In that case your browser should tile the image if it's not large enough to fit the whole browser view.
      How simple was that! Thanks Pablo. It is the first time I have used background images so didn't even think to look at that.

Comment

good for the background but now another problem

Sorry Pablo, the background worked beautifully, but now the added images and text are still not displaying properly. My browser loses half an inch. I'm pretty sure now that it is not a Blue Voda problem but a Firefox problem. I don't suppose you have any ideas on how to adjust Firefox?

Comment

FireFox still has lots of bugs related to layout.
          I don't know how you can adjust FireFox to make it look better, but you can try to add an invisible image in the border area to 'stretch' your page up a little.
          Usually a transparent gif of 1x1 is used for this.
          Forum Moderator
          BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

uninstalled Firefox

FireFox still has lots of bugs related to layout.
            I don't know how you can adjust FireFox to make it look better, but you can try to add an invisible image in the border area to 'stretch' your page up a little.
            Usually a transparent gif of 1x1 is used for this.
            Thanks Pablo, I ended up uninstalling Firefox and installing Netscape instead. Firefox has been no good since they "updated" it. I have another question but I might submit it as a new thread in case you miss it.

Comment

Working...
            X