X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link problems

Hello everyone,
    My first post!
    I'm sitting in sweltering Leicester UK working hard at my first web site. ever.
    I have managed to publish my index page and a contact us page, both of which I can see. However...
    I have tried hyperlinking the two pages together. The link from the contact_form page back to the index works BUT the link from index to contact_form does not.
    I think this is because I entered the link incorrectly the first time. I have subsequently amended this, saved the page and re-published the index BUT this has still not updated online. The link should read httl://compasslandscapes.com/contact_form.html as far as I can work out Not contact_us.html as I originally put.
    How long should it take to re-publish a page? I get the impression from other posts that it should happen straight away.
    Also when I open the index page offline the URL for the link has disappeared again even though I am saving it (eight or nine times now).
    AM I being spectacularly dim?
    Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com
    Helga

Re: Link problems

Typical!
    It works now!
    I've been struggling for 40 minutes.
    I'd still like to know how long it takes (average) for a published page to update online?

Thanks
    Helga

Comment

Once a page is published it's updated immediately and automatically..

Comment

Should be within seconds, as when you upload your changed page it over writes the one that at your host. If you do publish a new page & go to have a look at it live, always press Ctrl F5 to refresh to a new window as the old page may still be in your cache on your PC and you may think it hasnt changed.

Chris.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks guys!
          Helga

Comment

Working...