I need some questions answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some questions answered

I am getting ready (Aug 1st) to switch over to this host for my existing website of: http://best-home-based-business-idea.com (the host I have will no longer be hosting any sites) The question I have is how do I tansfer my existing site over to here? Is there something I need to do so I do not lose any of my webpages or files? I have only had one host and never had to go to a new host, so this is all new to me

Re: I need some questions answered

questions before answers,

Do you have a vodahost account?

Do you still have the design of the pages saved with you?
    The Producer

Comment

No, I do not yet have a VodaHost account (Aug 1St I will be getting one)

Do you still have the design of the pages saved with you?

I am not sure what you mean by this.

Comment

who designed the website is it you or some one else, who built that pages and saved them in the disk?
        The Producer

Comment

I designed all the pages to my website (using mozilla) but I do not have them saved anywhere yet as I do not know how to do this. As I said the host that I have right now (she was hosting only people that was under her team in another Bus Opp......but she has decided not to host our sites anymore) this is why I need a new host and have decided to go with this host, but I do not know how to transfer my existing website over to this host.

Comment

ok,

if you can get the original pages that you did the design as an html or php"depends on your pages" in a hard disk or a CD, if not so you have to design again everything in Blue Voda.

But wherever you design your pages you just click on publish and give it the IP that you get in your welcome e-mail with the username and password, and that's it. it doesn't matter which software you use to design your pages, you just have to publish it in the server desired.

Watch the Blue Voda tutorials, it will really help.

The Producer
            The Producer

Comment

SO am I understanding this correctly. I need to save every single page that I have on my existing website before I move my website to here? I thought there would be an easier way to do this so I would have no downtime at all with this site. I have had this site for 4 + years now and did not want any downtime while transferring this site.

So am I understanding all of this correctly?

Comment

If there is anyway to do it easier, I guess a supervisors of Voda will help, why not try to send a ticket to a customer support?

Sorry, but I guess this is the only way to publish a page to a new server
                The Producer

Comment

1) Create a VodaHost account. We will issue you a temp. url.

2) Upload your website to VodaHost. This will mean that you will have
                  your website with two companies at the same time.

3) When you are happy with what your website looks like on the temp url.
                  switch your name servers or transfer your domain name to VodaHost. We will
                  send you full instructions on both these topics after you sign up.

0% DOWNTIME!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yeahhhhhh,

That's what they call the real VodaHost
                    The Producer

Comment

Working...
                    X