This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help New & Confused Re Domain & Hosting

Hi, I am from the UK and my friend has purchased a domain name (*****.uk.com) from a uk registration site with a relative email address which forward to his personal email. he then asked me to build a website as althought neither of us has a clue about this i find it easier to use computers! Anyway i used google to find a web building tool as i have no clue how to make web pages and found bluevoda and said it was free so i thought great! So i have made my web pages and now i need to get them onto the internet. I have tried searching for answers but seem more and more confused my technical terms etc can some one please tell me in idiot proof how to do this with his domain name? (i have made about 8 pages and they contain lots of pictures and images/animations) please help as i want to get it up and running asap. many many thanks.

Re: Please Help New & Confused Re Domain & Hosting

You can only publish blue voda pages using Vodahost as the host.
    This means that you will have to sign up with vodahost for an account, and then transfer your domain name to them. There is lots of info on how to do that on this site. http://www.vodahost.com/ just have a look at the fantastic deals available right now. If you opt for the three year plan, your hosting is less than 3.35 BP per month! once you have registered you can transfer your domain name and have your site up and running in no time!
    I hope this is the info you need.
    MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
    Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
    www.princess-bride.co.uk
    Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Thanks! May i ask what does 600mb monthly bandwidth mean? is this a lot? as i saw one elsewhere that was offering 30,000mb so now i am wondering if i have will have enough on vodahost? many thanks

if i click on 'order now' will it take me through the steps of transfering my already registered domain name and emails and then i just publish pages and im done? many thanks

Comment

We do not offer 600 MB bandwidth, we offer 600 GB bandwidth.

1 GB = 1024 MB

600 GB = 614,000 MB
        of bandwidth

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you vodahost! Sorry for being stupid!! While your there vodahost could you just confirm howi cimplete my signing u and publishng my website in idiot proof language!! As i say i have a registered domain name and email form a uk registration company it is ciaro.uk.com with the email of *******@cairo.uk.com (which forwards to my a personal email) what do i need to do to transfer it over and get publishing? i have read the guides but get confused wot order to do what in and when!! many thanks

Comment

Please click the below to create your VodaHost account. Afterwards we will
            take care of the transfer for you free of charge.

www.vodahost.com/order.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

our site www.ojemine.com is parked at www.godaddy.com server , your website builder is the best we have seen around . how do we do that ... transfering domain how long it takes and what are the right steps to take ! there is only 1 welcome page n thats it . we need 2 start URGENTLY :) HELP .... the sparklingteam .

Comment

Originally posted by sparklingteam
                our site www.ojemine.com is parked at www.godaddy.com server , your website builder is the best we have seen around . how do we do that ... transfering domain how long it takes and what are the right steps to take ! there is only 1 welcome page n thats it . we need 2 start URGENTLY :) HELP .... the sparklingteam .
                You don't actually need to transfer your domain name. I think there is a lot of confusion here!! You can have your domain name registered with anyone, anywhere. All you have to do when you get a BV account is make sure the domain name administrator, be that you or someone else, points the domain at the BV servers. This information you will find in your welcome email.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

so thats good. we can use our current name "Ojemine.com" which is on godaddy
                  but do we still get a free domain name as offered.

Comment

we have purchased bluevoda one year package for www.ojemine.com from blue voda , we want to start using your soholaunch webbuider package , whats the first step .. all new for us , help ! domain is parked at www.godaddy.com and the options there are CHANGE ACCOUNT/ SET NAME SERVER / FORWARD DOMAIN ?

Comment

Not 100% sure with yours but would imagine it's SET domain server. Try it and see. It should give you the options to put the TWO server IP addresses you should have received, or will receive when BV send you the welcome email
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

First thing you will need to do is print out your VodaHost Account Confirmation email, which has specific information you will immediately put to use.

Then, study this video tutorial to learn how to make DNS changes at GoDaddy for the domain you have hosted there: http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/dns/dns_godaddy.htm

Next, logon to your new VodaHost account Control Panel to establish your email processing...there are wonderfully detailed video tutorials to guide you every step of the way, all accessible at this VodaHost "Library" page (you should add this page to your IE Favorites, as you will be returning often): http://www.vodahost.com/tut1.htm

Once you have your account properly set up, your domain pointed to the right VodaHost servers, and your email package set, then you can begin actually working on your website. If you have already decided on using Soholaunch, then do your homework by studying the video tutorials (multiple times, if needed) and by reading some of the threads in our Soholaunch Forums here at the VodaHost Support Forum.

Welcome to VodaHost. We look forward to being a part of your internet dream coming true!
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                        X