Errors on page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors on page

Hi, I have six web pages in my site and when I preview them they all load fine and the status bar says " done ". All except my second page and when it loads the status bar says " done but with errors on page ". I don't understand that and I don't know what to check for or if I should change something. Also I am the only one in the world that can't pull up my own site. I get an error message that says...while trying to retrieve URL (my site) the following error was encountered: Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.(my site). The name server was unable to process this query. Now I don't know if I can't get my site up myself because I have errors on one of my pages or not. I just know that everyone else can get it but me. If anyone out there knows what could be wrong PLEEEESE let me know. I've tried everything to figure this out. Thanks for any help. Smarsnet

Re: Errors on page

So...how about sharing your site URL (www. YourDomainName .com) so we can offer a helping hand?

"Preview" is a demonstration of how it looks when published, but will never be the "Final Word", as many controls like ActiveX and others are disabled.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I am guessing that you have not published any pages before, because of the "name server" in the error message. It means either that you have made a typo in the site name, or the registration is just too new, and hasn't filtered thru the ww web yet.
      Recheck the site name, spelling and upper/lower case. If all is ok submit a support ticket(if this is the first time you are publishing).

The "errors on page" in the preview has nothing to do with this.
      Royden

www.harrow-art.com
      www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Hi, I guess it would help if I put my site name up here anyway it's www.smarttrips.net/. The page that loads with errors is my second page " flights_hotels ". Could that be the reason I can't pull up my site? Wow! I had no idea anyone would respond so quickly. Thank you for your help. smarsnet

Comment

Hi zigzag! Thank you for responding. I do always check how I spell my site name, especially when it won't come up ever. I have published it before and it was up for a few days. I don't know what happened after that. I did switch my ISP but I've been over all settings with them several times. And vodahost has tried several times to figure something out. I still can't pull up my site. My ISP told me to try to pull it up using my IP address instead of my URL and I did and a message came up in big orange letters...There is no website configured at this address. You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. There must be a mistake because everyone can get it but me. I hope you have some idea what could be wrong. I appreciate your help. Smarsnet
          My site name is www.smarttrips.net

Comment

Is there any chance you copied and pasted the search box rather than inserting it?
            This is a quick guess, I have to go to work. There is an extra "head" tag just above the search box. (see View/Source)
            Try deleting the search box and reinserting.
            Royden

www.harrow-art.com
            www.harrow.co.za

Comment

This is going to sound really obvious and silly.....with so many experts helping you I'm sure they have suggested this already...but, it seems to me that if "everyone else" can get into the site except for you, then the problem is in your computer or your browser maybe???

Ok,here is the dumb part...did you shut down your computer and reboot? Did you delete all cookies and clear the cache? Did you run a defrag and disc cleanup? and then reboot again? Did you turn off the firewall and try it? Do you have the latest version of your browser installed?

I know, this seems so absurd....but sometimes when I just can't figure something out, i do all these things and whatever "dumb" thing I did to my browser or computer files fixes itself and I'm good to go! Usually it is because I am stuck in the "cache" stuff and need to start fresh.

Ok, well, that's all my silly advice...but hey, if you've tried everything else,why not?

oh...here is a link to your site from my computer....wonder if you can get on through that???? index
              still working on website!

Comment

I didn't realise that you still couldn't get into your site. I assumed that problem was fixed when I was able to go to your url. Yes, I agree the solution is probably something silly.
                Regarding the "errors on page" thing. I am guessing here. Right click the page. Go to page html, and open up the text box for each tab you see there. If there is a <html> <head> pasted in any one of the text boxes, delete these 2 words and the brackets. Then save and republish.
                If you are lost, you can email the BV page to me and I'll try and help.
                Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Is there anybody out there who can tell me why I am the only one in the world who can't get my website using my URL: http://www.smarttrips.net/ Everyone can get it but me. when I try I get an error message that says..." while trying to retrieve URL http://www.smarttrips.net/ the following error was encountered: Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.smarttrips.net/ The DNS server returned: Server failure: The name server was unable to process this query. This means that: The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. Check if the address is correct." I have tried everything I know to do and nothing works. I've been over all settings with my ISP and VodaHost and no one has an answer. VodaHost says there is something wrong with my computer and not their server because everybody else can get my site. My ISP says my settings are right and they don't know what else to do . VodaHost has changed my IP address once and are changing it again right now. I am at the end of my rope. Its been going on for six weeks like this now. My site is published fine...I just can't get it myself. If anyone has any knowledge about this pleeese! pleeeeese! let me know. Thank you very much. Smarsnet at www.smarttrips.net

Comment

Yes..You have probably blocked yourself from the server. Please submit a support ticket.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

smarsnet:

What ever your problem was you must have fixed it. Everything looks fine
                      in EI. Since you don't have too many links buttons you may consider resizing your pages to 800w. Looks awfully complete for a newly published site.

Comment

Hi Smarsnet Blocking is a security issue through your your internet security program, depending what programs you are using windows. norton, avast, etc you need to cheque the settings of these programs.
                        Your page with the errors has a scripting problem a script that you added ether in a html box or the head or body in page html. if you got these script from a script site read the instructions again and make sure they can be used with other scripts or more than one of the same. my guess is the three form boxs.

Comment

Hi Circuspet.com You're right my site does look fine in internet explorer to everybody else. I'm the only one in the world who still can't get my own site. I tried to set my pages on the view page tab to 800 but I don't know if I have to do anything else like move stuff away from the sides towards the middle of my pages? I'm really not a pro at computers but I'm trying. Anyway my big problem is still that I can't get my site www.smarttrips.net/ and I don't know if I've messed up some setting on my computer or not but VodaHost says its something to do with my computer. I just don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to give up my site and forget it. It's been six weeks and I've been worrying about this the whole time. I'm tired of trying and wasting my time. If you can think of any settings on my computer that I could have messed up could you please let me know. I appreciate your help. Thank you Smarsnet

Comment

smarsnet:

Good morning smarsnet, at least ii is on my puter. I though I had done every screw up possible on puters put this one is new to me. befor you can reformat to 800w you'll need to see what your doing. I'm thinking we might could fool your puter(if thats where the problem is) for a temp way to let you see your site. I have a new domain added to my site that is still unused and I could add a hyperlink to your site. This would let you see your site ( I think) so you could make notes an plan your edits. while you do this contact your ISP. My ISP TECs have helped me many times with puter problems not related to their service.
                            The only things I see that you can't tweek your self ( to get the 800w)
                            are the two add banners at the bottom you'll need to go back to google and pick 720w format adds. If you wan't to try the link from my site let me know and I'll set it up.

Comment

Smarsnet:

I guess I'm still not all awake yet. If you can get here, then you can get to your BV web building site and you can use the preview button to see your site one page at a time, haven't had my coffee yet. Duha !

Comment

Working...
                              X