Storing images on memory stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing images on memory stick

Hi, after reading this idea on VodaTalk I decided it was a very good idea. What I want to do is store the images, flash items etc on a 2 gig memory stick instead of on my computer (not much storage capacity left!). I will then insert them into my BV web pages from the memory stick instead of from My Pictures on my computer.

I have been thinking about this and I have come accross to possible problems:

1. The obviouse - will this work?!

2. I am planning my website to be online for many years to come, but as time passes and memory sticks become obsolete (like the old '9-section' floppy disks), I am guessing I would have to find a way to transfer ALL the images from the memory stick to the 'new storage device'. I can do that but will the filepath be changed forcing me to insert every image all over again throughout my site?

I really hope you know what I mean because I have confused myself!

Also: Can anyone see any other problems that may arise from doing this. If so, PLEASE tell me before I do it!

Many thanks for taking the time to read this,

Langlois.

Re: Storing images on memory stick

1...yes this will work.........
    2...All your images are copied to the server(your website) and you
    will only need to change the path(future) if you update images or pages.

I store All my images on external media and If I upgrade later
    1 and 2 will also apply to me........
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

As David said - I had all my images for one of my sites on a cd - and as I update, I now have to change the path - it doesn't effect the site online - just the offline pages - and you can't republish without.

Another option - would be to ftp the pictures from your memory stick to the folder in bv - then call for them from there - which is what I wish I had done first!
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for the replies. In reply to bethers' idea: I would do that but I am going to have literally hundreds of images and I don't want to store too much on the ?servers? (if that's what happens anyway!).

Comment

(I meant thousands)

Comment

Spend $100 to get a larger hard-core external drive you can easily transport and plug into anything you want (for the aforementioned volume the photos will command). You can create specific file CD's from it, download particular sections onto a stick, and refresh/backup/archive your selections the same manner. (It's what I do with a Western Digital 180MB exDrive and 1/2 dozen sticks.)
            I alternately use sticks and CD's depending on volume of data transported or for specific applications.

Glad to see you picked up on the concept! Not too many people try to implement what they come across in buried in the posts....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yes, all the pics have to store on the servers anyway - otherwise you'd have to have your stick into your computer all the time and it online to the server for them to get the pics.
              (get the pic :) )
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

got it :). thanks for the responses

Comment

Working...
                X