Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soholaunch shopping cart

HI everyone!
    I'm hoping to find some help here. I use the soholaunch website builder and shopping cart. I noticed the continue shopping button takes a customer back to category all every time no matter what page they were on before. Is there any way to make the continue shopping button take the customer back to the page they were shopping on previuosly?
    Thanks for any help.

Re: Soholaunch shopping cart

Theoretically, You could make it go to the previous page or category, but that would still put them in the shopping cart area and...youd have to edit the php file/module correctly and NO i dont know how, im not a master in this php stuff yet. Frankly Im working on making it show 25 products at least in the category area instead of just 6, which is just really annoying to have next and previous buttons after only 6 products. I havent gotten that one figured out yet either, but if i ever do, i will post HOW TO.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
      Theoretically, You could make it go to the previous page or category, but that would still put them in the shopping cart area and...youd have to edit the php file/module correctly and NO i dont know how, im not a master in this php stuff yet. Frankly Im working on making it show 25 products at least in the category area instead of just 6, which is just really annoying to have next and previous buttons after only 6 products. I havent gotten that one figured out yet either, but if i ever do, i will post HOW TO.

Karen
      Thanks for replying Karen. Right now i can make the button go 2 steps back and thats about it. BUt i found some soho sites(really beautiful ones) where everything is working perfectly e.g largefeet.com.
      I just wish i knew how they did it or who did it.Funny enough these sites are featured on the soho website under featured websites.
      I am still hoping someone will post something.I love soho and want to keep using it.So, when you come up with a solution,i'll be looking out for the how to manual!Thanks again

Comment

Check out some of the plug-ins at the OsCommerce Support Forum, and see if you can find one to modify this very aspect.....<now we get sneaky!>
        Depending on how prepared you are feeling, download the OsC script, open it up (in notepad), and get familiar with it to the point you can recognize/spot the command to (ReturnTo:#) name/identify/specify the page.....then.....I would make a copy of my Soho file and put the clone in a different location than my 'good' one, then open up the clone to compare script structure....there may be a simple change you can enter in the script to make it do what you want, since it is not a processing command but a simple link type command......

Just an idea, something I would try to play with before feeling as if I had to call in the Calvary (pay the Soho experts at TemplateZapper.com) or compromise/capitulate once again......
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
          Check out some of the plug-ins at the OsCommerce Support Forum, and see if you can find one to modify this very aspect.....<now we get sneaky!>
          Depending on how prepared you are feeling, download the OsC script, open it up (in notepad), and get familiar with it to the point you can recognize/spot the command to (ReturnTo:#) name/identify/specify the page.....then.....I would make a copy of my Soho file and put the clone in a different location than my 'good' one, then open up the clone to compare script structure....there may be a simple change you can enter in the script to make it do what you want, since it is not a processing command but a simple link type command......

Just an idea, something I would try to play with before feeling as if I had to call in the Calvary (pay the Soho experts at TemplateZapper.com) or compromise/capitulate once again......
          Thanks Vasili! I am going to do just that. I will install oscommerce in a directory and look at all the files and see which is most similar!
          I will go see how that works in real Oscommerce stores too

Comment

I did go on the Os forum and found that the solution is one i've figured out already going back 2 or 3 steps. For soho the customer needs to go back 2 steps and i've done that with the help of some soho guys and another computer guy from webdeveloperforum.

Only problem is the cart doesnt refresh itself. So the customer has to refresh the page to see whats in the cart each time they get returned to the page they were formerly on.then if they decide to delete anything form their cart, it gets really confusing

cos. If you have 6 products in your cart and delete all six, when you click on continue shopping you'll go 2 steps back and there'll be 4 products in your cart, go back again and there'll be 2 and back again and it'll probably be 6 again. It gets really confusing there. If the delete buttons were boxes you check,update and then go back that would help. I'm just so confused about it.

Comment

Right....I know....
              If I had my choice, I would not wish to return to the same page "refreshed" (so to speak), but logistically streamline the experience without undue objectionable points by returning them to the Main Product "Search" page to offer the opportunity to 'walk down another asile'.....

If I found the active php script line, I would simply change the destination to that hard page altogether, rather than try to pick a certain step on the staircase, so-to-speak.....I believe it to be completely acceptable to shoppers to re-initialize their selection process rather than to interrupt the process on OUR end....

Comment

I guess you're right vasil, better for everything to go smoothly than get confused when you're trying to shop. Just that getting back to page 1 after getting to page 100 might be frustrating i think. One of my customers now emails her orders to me.

Oh well, i have emailed a company that has figured it out. Hopefully they'll share... and not ask me to pay!!But i am going to send everything back to the way it was.
                Thanks so much for your replies.

Comment

PLEASE post an update to this, with whatever solution you have found for this issue...
                  (I still am in the process of finishing up MY Soho project, and others will also undoubtedly benefit)

Comment

Will do!

Comment

This is the script i found on one of the sites that has a fixed continue shopping button

function continue_shopping() {
                      window.location = "start.php?cat=3&browse=1&start=5&end=5&";
                      }
                      This is what mine has

function continue_shopping() {
                      window.location = "start.php?SID=&browse=1";
                      }

It seems there is is ascript that says return the shopper to x categroy to product number 5 to 5, which is essentially the referring category and products. The regular script says just return the person to x where x is category "all". I hope someone can look at the script and know how it works.

Comment

This is what i tried

I replaced the regular soho script that takes you to category all(below)

$THIS_DISPLAY .= " function continue_shopping() {\n";
                        $THIS_DISPLAY .= " window.location = \"start.php?SID=".SID."&browse=1\";\n";

With this script below and the continue shopping button took me to the category i specified. SO it worked. except that it'll take you back to this category everytime

$THIS_DISPLAY .= " function continue_shopping() {\n";
                        $THIS_DISPLAY .= " window.location = \"start.php?cat=2&browse=1&start=2&end=2&\";\n" ;

If there was a way to replace the category number and product numbers, to make it so the script will take the shopper to the referring category and product start and end numbers then it would be perfect!

Comment

Excellent work, and appreciate your post.
                          (Copying and sending to a couple of our php Guru's for review...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                            Excellent work, and appreciate your post.
                            (Copying and sending to a couple of our php Guru's for review...)
                            Hi vasili!
                            Also sent you some suggestions a helpful computer guy gave me today but i dont know how to apply it. Didnt think i could post it cos its not my idea. Sent it through your website!

Comment

Originally posted by Jolie!
                              Hi vasili!
                              Also sent you some suggestions a helpful computer guy gave me today but i dont know how to apply it. Didnt think i could post it cos its not my idea. Sent it through your website!
                              Hmm...having "issues" with one webmail account right now (didn't seem to get it). Try this.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X