Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email link

hi
    probably a daft question but bear with me, i'm new to this.

i have displayed my email on the 'contact us' page on my website. i want to configure it so that when a visitor clicks on the email address on the page an email page opens up or his outlook page opens up and he does not have to log into his own email and type in the email address to send an email to me.
    can somebody please show me how to do this?
    many thanks in advance

Re: email link

I might be wrong, you can't do that.

Each user has a different default e-mail, some people don't use Outlook or Outlook Express. My PC defaults to Hotmail, not the one I use the most but convenient.

Programs like Picasa2 (Google's photo album) give users an option to use a gmail account or another. That you can probably set up, but its really not worth the effort.

By the way, what is your URL?
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

If you are using Outlook 2003 (and so are your visitors) then an new email window should open when the lilnk is clicked but.... Outlook must be the default mail program on that persons PC. If they use webmail such as Hotmail or Gmail then the link will not work.

;)

FPRULES

Comment

Hmmm

thanks for the replies.
        just wondering if there is any way a visitor contact me via the email address on my contact page but not have to type in the email address manually in his mail server?
        for eg. on my contact us page (www.shieldsrental.com/contactus) the email is info@shieldsrental.com but when you position the pointer over it or click on it nothing happens. how can i link this to send me an email ???
        many thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

When I click the email link in your last post it does open an new email window with your address in the TO: box. I am not certain why it doesn't when you click it Andrew. It should work by deafult. There is no setting up required for this to work. Its a windows thing. Exactly like taking you to a website when you click on a link that begins with http or www.

Check the link on your webpage and ensure that it says mailto:ifno@shieldsrental.com rather than just the email address.

Once you get it working here is another good tip ready for when you do get it working....

mailto:info@shieldsrental.com?subject=hello

will automatically fill in the subject line with the word hello as well as auto-inserting the email address.

FPRULES

Comment

many thanks

FP Rob - i did exactly as you advised and it's working now.
            thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X