I'm back - and my legs hurt!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back - and my legs hurt!!

Hi all - I'm back from holiday - what have I missed??

I managed to make it up Scarfell Pike on Thursday - the highest mountain in England which means I have now completed the 3 highest in the UK. My legs are absolutely killing me - can't walk up stairs at all, but at least I can finish my mountain walks website, and have loads of pics to put on it!

Glad to be back though!
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: I'm back - and my legs hurt!!

Hiya, Trish -The Dish ;@

Sign in on *****'s promotion...catch up on all the funnies, and watch me make a fool out of myself trying to help people!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Welcome back my friend!...Glad to hear all went well...a nice soak will help those muscles heal right up!....
      congrats on your accomplishments!
      And Ill look forward to seeing your site!..
      Next - you have to come to VT to hike these hills....lol talk about owies!....

Comment

Hi trish, nice to have you back.

oh and nice legs they are too....

thanks for the email......catch you later.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Welcome back Trish,
          I did not realise you are an avid hill walker. Well done on your impressive achievemnt. I would be very interested in linking my updated master trainer site to your hillwalking site. Let me know if you want too.
          It sounds like in your euphoria at having completed the climb, you may have forgotten to do a post activity stretch! It really does help with post activity muscle soreness! At this point I would advise you to try massaging the painfull areas with some crushed ice in a plastic bag, put some oil on the area first and then massage upward towards your trunk. do this for 10-15 mins every 2 hours. This will stimulate some blood into the area which will help remove some of the broken cell debris, and deliver nutrients for cell repair. The pain should subside quickly.
          Anyway, it's good earned pain. Something to be proud of!
          MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
          Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
          www.princess-bride.co.uk
          Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Originally posted by mark6110
            Welcome back Trish,
            I did not realise you are an avid hill walker. Well done on your impressive achievemnt. I would be very interested in linking my updated master trainer site to your hillwalking site. Let me know if you want too.
            It sounds like in your euphoria at having completed the climb, you may have forgotten to do a post activity stretch! It really does help with post activity muscle soreness! At this point I would advise you to try massaging the painfull areas with some crushed ice in a plastic bag, put some oil on the area first and then massage upward towards your trunk. do this for 10-15 mins every 2 hours. This will stimulate some blood into the area which will help remove some of the broken cell debris, and deliver nutrients for cell repair. The pain should subside quickly.
            Anyway, it's good earned pain. Something to be proud of!
            Hi Mark - thanks for the advice! Sounds good. And yes, a link would be great.

And of course I did a post activity stretch - I walked an extra mile to the pub and back! LOL
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Hi trish,

Ah a good walk Scarfell, I love getting up in the hills but as the kids are small it doesn't happen much these days. That was part of the reason that I joined the army many years ago, so I could be out there on the hills, but I spent most of the time in a wet hole!

nick

Comment

Hi Trish,
                I hope you are feeling better today. And that you enjoyed your well deserved, post activity drink(s)!
                I have taken the liberty of text linking my walking to health page, to your mountain walking site. If you can make your banner smaller say; 150x50, I will put that up too.
                Great to see novices being encouraged to do something they can boast about. Good confedence builder and more importantly a motivator to continue with the healthiest of all activities.
                Thanks,
                MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
                www.princess-bride.co.uk
                Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Originally posted by mark6110
                  Hi Trish,
                  I hope you are feeling better today. And that you enjoyed your well deserved, post activity drink(s)!
                  I have taken the liberty of text linking my walking to health page, to your mountain walking site. If you can make your banner smaller say; 150x50, I will put that up too.
                  Great to see novices being encouraged to do something they can boast about. Good confedence builder and more importantly a motivator to continue with the healthiest of all activities.
                  Thanks,
                  Thanks for the link Mark - I'll sort out a banner and put up a reciprocal link as soon as I can. I wish I'd read your page first! LOL I've already decided to put a bit more on my site about the importance of good ******** - this year I had a really good pair of walking boots which made a hell of a difference. Last year I sacrificed my two big toe nails walking down Snowdon in boots which weren't up to the job!

Legs a bit better today - stairs still difficult though!
                  Trish
                  www.Limebrook.com
                  www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                  www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
                  X