Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

replacing an image when i click on it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing an image when i click on it...

I know how to place a pic and have it enlarged in enother window while reviewing it on the web but can I replace the window pic with a better res version or different pic. you see I need to put exta info on the pic. which I've done in photoshop.

help. I need people to see extra info about the pics I produce. its kind of like a shopping cart this I guess.

Re: replacing an image when i click on it...

Try again, this time very clear....

A. Do you need to see the "title" of each photo when mousing over them? If so, you have to properly name/save them....
    B. Do you need finer resolution of your pix? You need to manually resize them (do not stretch them) smaller after cropping them, *****ening them, despeckling them....this manual reduction will increase resolution while still reducing file size....
    C. Sounds like you already know how to use PS, so you should have already set up a standard size pix to load into the cart (via contact sheet), so if square, then be sure your largest size pix before final res/size formatting is square also (if you need 100x100, then "work" on pix say 300x300 -square- and then reduce)

Labelling your pix is a ***** practice (properly labelled pix help to define relevancy to page content and elevation of SE indexing -- continuity), but like anything else, it takes organization and TIME!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

no sorry, i exsplained that badley. OK I have a pic of a product but when somone clicks on it I want to introduce an altered pic (different image)with extra details pointed out in the product. this I did in photoshop with text and arrows ect.
      cheers.

Comment

You need to search for a solution on thumbnail pop-ups.....a common element in both galleries and carts. You can use any photo (altered, whatever) for the larger image that pops-up.
        MANY threaded topics and posts on this....do a Forum Search!
        I'm pooped. Or is that popped-up??? LOL
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sparklingteam-

One way is to create a thumbnail size photo of the picture of the product- name it A1.
          Then on the original- alter it or put whatever text on it that you desire and name it A2.
          Place the thumbnail on the web-page where ever you wish. Upload the picture A2 to the server. Now simply link from A1 to A2. So when they click on the picture- your A2 photo will pop up.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Well done Andy, simple and elegent!
            MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
            Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
            www.princess-bride.co.uk
            Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Good morning Mark!

Cheers,

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
              X