Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Fonts to BlueVoda

Hi Y'all
    I recently has to reconfigure my computer and since then some of the fonts I previously had are no longer available. Is there a way to get these fonts back? Can anyone recommend where I can find some free fonts for my other applications like word, excel, etc??
    Mapillar

Re: Adding Fonts to BlueVoda

Hi..
    Once you download the fonts and add them to windows (Fonts Folder) almost every other software, including BlueVoda will pick them up and list them.

Good site for fonts:
    http://www.downloadfreefonts.com/

Hope this helps.

Comment

Your fonts were on your computer, when you create a page you use the fonts that you have (default or downloads). Most users will probably never download special fonts and will see everything in Verdana, Ariel, Times to name a few of the most common.

Just remember that what you write in custom font may not be what we will see. If you want a specific fonts to remain visible, such as for a header or site name, save as a*jpeg or better as a *gif and then insert into your page.

Do a search for free fonts:
      http://www.1001freefonts.com/
      http://www.abstractfonts.com/
      http://www.pcfonts.com/index.php
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks, Y'all
        I found a really terific site with some really great fonts.
        www.dafont.com is what the domain name.
        Mapillar

Comment

Oh God remember that you can only use web friendly fonts!!!! LOL I didnt even know that **** when i made my website http://www.glitzzjewelry.com and I found out the very very very harddest way.. re-doing every friggin page making all those funky fonts you see into images!!

Hopefully you knew that allready! if not search web friendly fonts in a search engine and look for a website that shows you what will show properly on your site. Like bill said fnacy fonts will not show up your or whoevers browser will just pick a font like arial or comic sans and replace it and it may send your site all outta wack like it did minezz!!

Look at me all givin advice now.. just last week I was the most clueless one here

Jewelz
          Glitzz Original Hand-made Beaded Jewelry, Accessories, and Gifts By Julie Knight of Toronto, Canada. OH YEAH BABY CANADA!!!

Comment

Look at me all givin advice now.. just last week I was the most clueless one here

Jewelz
            LOL...isn't it great to go from cluless to I'm (almost) all that ...I felt the same way...lol
            Beezz
            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Too Funny!

and...so true....I haven't been here all that long myself...
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                Too Funny!

and...so true....I haven't been here all that long myself...
                LOL I would have never guessed..

There seems to be a bluevoda/vodahost hill.. once you finally get over the $%#$%#'en thing your start to understand everything all at once.

Jewelz
                Glitzz Original Hand-made Beaded Jewelry, Accessories, and Gifts By Julie Knight of Toronto, Canada. OH YEAH BABY CANADA!!!

Comment

Well said Glitz !! glad you are giving out advice, pretty soon we will be asking you for help
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                    Well said Glitz !! glad you are giving out advice, pretty soon we will be asking you for help
                    Hopefully no one takes it!! hehehe

Jewelz

Comment

Blue voda is not just a website builder.......it's a character builder as well....hehehe
                      (: Read Only The Good Stuff And Your Day Will Be Blessed :)

Comment

My gifs won't show in website..They area square box with x..They are saved a gifs..Does anyone know if I have to do something else with them in order for them to show in website..They show in preview pane

Comment

Review "How To Ask For Assistance" and then provide a URL of your website to see the example of your issue. You posted to a thread not only very old, but completely 'off-topic' to your issue.....

Most likely (not having the opportunity to actually see for myself) you simply need to refresh your browser a few times to get a full page loaded to see, or you may have to re-publish the page again to overcome whatever connection limitation you may be experiencing to get all the elements to properly populate onto the page (thus the need for a clean connection session during Publishing).
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili
                            I think I figured it out..I didn't know I had to publish then upload again in FTP.. I thought if you added a new gif or jpg to my page that I just had to publish it..I am new at this so I am trial and error basis
                            Thanks..I am sure I will have more questions..I am Lynn profile is name Neil

Comment

Working...
                            X