Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring existing email accounts

Hi all

I have designed my website and on the verge of publishing it when I sign up.

Question regarding the emails. We have all our emails currently set up in mircrosoft outlook. Can I use these same email addresses and receive emails as normal to our computers through the vodahost server? We have one guy who signs in remotely from his laptop - will he get his emails as normal? I was thinking of just transferring the webhost for the website and keeping the emails with the existing host - which is the best thing to do? I just can't risk screwing up everyones emails!!! I am not the boss!

Is there a limit on how many emails can be kept in the inbox?

Will we lose any emails during the transfer? I guess Friday evening is the best time to do this.

Thanking you all for your help in advance. I have my head around the website - just the email side that is confusing me and stressing me out!!

Kerry
    kp

www.pooleyenterprises.com

Re: Transferring existing email accounts

You have unlimited emails with BV and you can set them up to work in outlook or other email programs. You should be able to receive these anywhere, laptops, pc's whatever, as long as you have the settings correct to receive these mails.
    Personally I don't use the BV emails, I prefer to use Yahoo. But that's just personal preference. You can change the settings in BV CP to suit how many emails you can receive, storing them or deleting them after a certain period etc. No idea if this answers your questions as I was a bit confused by some of them but hope this makes sense.
    Ramsey
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you
      kp

Comment

Ok, I am now starting to understand how this whole thing works!!

I am right in understanding that if I point my emails and the domain name to the vodahost servers ( without transferring the domain name ) that we will continue to receive emails to our existing email addresses??

I was going to leep my emails with my current host but he is refusing to lower the monthly, so I am thinking of just pointing everything to vodahost instead.

Does that make sense now and I am a right in my thinking?

Sorry to be a little dumb in this area!! This is all very new to me!
        kp

Comment

Working...
        X