dialups concern or no????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dialups concern or no????????

Just tried my site on dial up what a nightmare. Before I create more problems for myself and work, do I need to concern myself with dial up slowness in downloading?
    Should I try one itm at a time , go by ize and try to reduce and sacrific the looks on high speed modems for the I don'; know how big a percent of users have Dialup. What loads for me in seconds takes 2 minutes in dialup, I wouldn't wait and I fear they won't either.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: dialups concern or no????????

Hey there!

Your website took me 0.02 seconds to load. I would keep your site how it is because I think most people have High Speed or atleast light speed. Dial up is a thing in the past. The futur is now!!! haha
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi Chocco... It loaded quick for me too but thats a broadband thing as you noticed. One of your main problems will be the file size of the picture on your index page. The one in the top left. Try re-doing it but saving as GIF not a JPG. The quality will be slightly lower but it will shave maybe 80% off the file size.

FPRULES

Comment

Thanks guys,
        I will do the changing. I was told before on this forum that the jpg is the way to go and to change everything from GIF to JPG. So I'm glad I didn't.
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

If I saved it initially as a jpg how is it changeable? Show my ignorance but...?
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

It isn't ignorance my friend ;)

Did you make the files in a paint program?

If so. when you save the pic you should have the option of what file type to save as. Usually this is directly beneath the little box where you type the name of the file.

FPRULES

Comment

No my situation is that I live very remotely in Mexico and there are no techs, no computer stores NOTHing helpful. People here know nothing about computers. Like me.
              I took the photos with a friend and then scanned them into my document folders after he sent them to me. He and the photos are no longer in Tabasco sooooooooo...I have a paint program and tried to learn to use paint.net, but it is confusing to me, the paint program on this computer doesn't work.
              Choco777
              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Is that your email address in the bottom of your signature?? I will grab the pic and try to make it a smaller file size for you ;)

FPRULES

Comment

yes
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

OK... I have got the image down from 35k to 16k and it still looks good, no blurring or fading.

I am emailing it to you now. all you have to do is copy it to where the existing pic is located, overwrite the existing pic then upload it to your site :)

FPRULES

Comment

Thanks it's guys like you that make BV such a nice place for first timers like me....THANKS
                      Choco777
                      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I'm a first timer here too :) The email is sent... Great picture by the way, That part of Mexico looks amazing! I like the other pics on your site too, the temples.

FPRULES

Comment

Come on down,you know who to call whn you want a trip
                          you pay small airfare we will worry about the rest, lt me know so we ould work something. Thanks for all.
                          George
                          Choco777
                          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Small airfare? haha I think not... I'm in England but... always thought it would be a nice place for a holiday one day ;)

No probs, I'm pleased that I could help. I will assume you got the email so all is good.

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
                              Hey there!

Your website took me 0.02 seconds to load. I would keep your site how it is because I think most people have High Speed or atleast light speed. Dial up is a thing in the past. The futur is now!!! haha
                              So your saying that people with dial up arent important?...yes it is a thing of the past, but there are still many among that do still have to use it.

Comment

Working...
                              X