British Touring Car Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Touring Car Championships

My tickets came through for the Touring Car Championships at Snetterton in Norfolk on sunday. Anybody else into racing?

http://www.btcc.net/html/home.php

FPRULES

Re: British Touring Car Championships

RaceFan would be the bloke to excite about this... he's into racing.. Hence, the name..

Comment

Coincidentally that name did pop into my head as I was authoring this thread, don't know why, haven't heard much from the guy and never chatted with him directly. Is he in the UK or US though? It's a long way to come just for a days racing if he's American

:D

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
        Coincidentally that name did pop into my head as I was authoring this thread, don't know why, haven't heard much from the guy and never chatted with him directly. Is he in the UK or US though? It's a long way to come just for a days racing if he's American

:D
        I don't know racefan that well myself and never chatted with him either.. but he seems a nice enough bloke and the guys here seems to think the same.. And yeah, I think he's in USA.. But you never know, I've travelled from Copenhagen to Madrid once to see a Football match.. He could be just as crazy.. lol

Comment

Y'see football is a lot more risky, worth the travel to another country if your team win LOL but at least with the racing... I'm not really fussed who wins as long as its an MG.. Here is me getting caught by a speed camera in mine DOH! It was a very bad day and I wasn't speeding that much, maybe just by a few MPH but I just didn't think and didn't realise so CLICK CLICK FLASH FLASH GOTCHA!!!!!

FPRULES

Comment

Good link, personally my preference is for F1, and periodically Nascar.
            Open wheel in the USA, has pretty much gone downhill after CART and IRL split years back. Rally is also cool.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I like the F1 aswell Bill, in the last few years though they swapped it from a channel with no ad breaks to a channel with ad breaks so every 20 minutes we miss 3 laps LOL.

Do you think though that the teams have got driving physically and technically down to such a fine art that it is sometimes boring? Maybe too much money involved That's what I like about the touring cars, lots of action and shunting and crashes and drivers going mad at each other :)

FPRULES

Comment

For $100 million a team, yep. This year has been somewhat better, the big guys are definitely holding the smaller teams back. The last two races showed us an interesting side of how politics work in F1.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I agree completely. The biggest ever display of politics ruling the sport was the 2005 USA Grand Prix where only 6 cars started. Bernie Ecllestone does seem to have more power than he should have

FPRULES

Comment

It will be interesting to see if MS retires this year. With all the changes, will it be best driver, best technology or biggest wallet?

Whatever happens, open wheel is several laps behind Nascar/touring cars.
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                    X