Inventing Sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventing Sickness

I have thought for some time (because I like a good conspiracy) that drugs companies probably do have an interest in NOT curing cancer and Alzheimer's etc because this would clearly dent their end of year figures Most would probably agree!??? It must at least be possible!???

I haven't forgotten that some medications and drugs do their job extremely well and the world probably wouldn't cope without them but here are a few ways that the drugs companies trick people into 'needing' their product (or not???)...

MENOPAUSE
    Symptoms include hot flushes, night sweats and loss of libido
    Criticism too often “medicalised” as part of a “disorder” when it is a normal phase of life

IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
    Symptoms include constipation, cramps and diarrhea
    Criticism promoted by drug companies as a serious illness needing therapy, when it is usually a mild problem

SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION
    Symptoms impotence in men, lack of libido or difficulty becoming aroused in women
    Criticism drugs such as ****** marketed not only for treating genuine erectile dysfunction caused by medical problems but as lifestyle improves

OSTEOPOROSIS
    Symptoms thinning of the bones, particularly among postmenopausal women
    Criticism portrayed as a ******* in its own right, when it is really a risk factor for broken bones

RESTLESS LEGS
    Symptoms urge to move legs because of unpleasant feelings, often at night
    Criticism prevalence of a relatively rare condition exaggerated by the media, along with the need for treatment. This is actually caused by under-devloped muscles that naturally weaken with age and lack of excercise (along with clicking knee joints).

FPRULES

Re: Inventing Sickness

I'v always suspected this and it is ridiculous how much you pay for drugs in the states. I used to get some medicines there that cost almost 10 times as much as in JA.

Also I think that the strength of drugs are manipulated...my Dad isa doctor and he has seen where some generic drugs work better than name brands and there is no difference...he uses most generic brands for his patients.

It's a cruel world out there...but now I believe in the power of herbal medicnes in conjucntion with regular stuff as I have benefited health wise from Ayurvedic treatment. The world is catching on.
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Its called shareholder (Wall Street analysts') expectations. Add lobbying (translates to payoffs and corruption in other countries) and you get huge profits.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Exactly, more about the $$$$ than the healing of fatal conditions

FPRULES

Comment

There is nothing a shot of brandy/whiskey, a cup of tea, chicken soup (many varieties), or a big hug can't do to make you more comfortable than many "medicines".....as far as a cure, however, I have no faith for man's cures for ailments due to his own invention, and they seem to be getting more numerous by the decade.....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Maybe its a global population control thing? Aids could easily be? To effiecient to be a natural condition. Surely invented by man then distributed.

FPRULES

Comment

Ever wonder why there is a direct corollation between global health and man's spiritual health?

What are we actually "feeding" and nurturing, other than bank accounts and egos?
              I am becoming more anti-social every year, not from cynicism, but from my unwillingness to raise my voice or to appear to impose my standards upon others. It's sad when I do not feel free to even enjoy a fine meal out due to personal disgust at the "misplaced table manners" of those surrounding me, or children behaving like animals without the least bit of intervention from their parents.... When it comes to health, it is also sad that some of the greatest global threats emerge from the same ethnic groups, or run rampant in certain parts of the world - and there are a lot of reasons why, we know, so don't get offended - to the point of overwhelming those who attempt to offer relief.....

It all makes me feel old. I would joy seeing just the slightest bit of common self-respect, and real values being perpetuated...and this coming from someone who wore long hair, did all the concerts, and mostly had red eyes for 10 years....

Comment

testy????????? I dont know what it is with you Vasili but you have me so misunderstood and to be honest I am sick of you digging at me.

I am just comenting in threads like you are!!!

FPRULES

Comment

You take it personally, brudda, when it was meant as a "high sign" that I was not intending to be "ethnic" or prejudical in my contrasting....

Slow down! LOL

PS: If I had something to post directly to a specific person, I always include a quote or a salutation, by the way....

Comment

.....we know, so don't get testy.....
                    In which case my apologies, really, I just dont get it, the quote. It seems to be aimed at me rather than generalising

FPRULES

Comment

In the original context, if read with quickness, it might have appeared I was pegging certain "ethnic groups" or "nations" as the cause of 'our' problems, or possibly even deserving the plight they suffer....and that is not my position.

Thus, the 'heads-up' to not react quickly, as there are many reasons they are suffering (being ignored economically, lack of technology, broken infrastructure, etc.), Again, in context, it was an acknowledgement of many undisclosed reasons for "their" problem......

No harm done! A good demonstration of the importance on the use of words and their omnipresent values.

Comment

ok coool. I will also try to use the omnipresent approach to wording and... I am as guilty of reading quickly as I am of typing quickly. Excellent, yes, no harm done.

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                          Ever wonder why there is a direct corollation between global health and man's spiritual health?

What are we actually "feeding" and nurturing, other than bank accounts and egos?
                          I am becoming more anti-social every year, not from cynicism, but from my unwillingness to raise my voice or to appear to impose my standards upon others. It's sad when I do not feel free to even enjoy a fine meal out due to personal disgust at the "misplaced table manners" of those surrounding me, or children behaving like animals without the least bit of intervention from their parents.... When it comes to health, it is also sad that some of the greatest global threats emerge from the same ethnic groups, or run rampant in certain parts of the world - and there are a lot of reasons why, we know, so don't get offended - to the point of overwhelming those who attempt to offer relief.....

It all makes me feel old. I would joy seeing just the slightest bit of common self-respect, and real values being perpetuated...and this coming from someone who wore long hair, did all the concerts, and mostly had red eyes for 10 years....

I am not one for concerts however, my hair is to the middle of my back ( except on top LOL ) and i own stock with Visine ... LMAO.
                          brenT

Comment

I posted here a short while ago and it seems to have been deleted so.... can i highlight again as i did in the post that i was joking in an attempt to let Vasili know all was cool and i wasnt worrying anymore.. and that he shouldnt either.

thank you <puts the mega-phone away>

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
                            X