Greetings From Auckland, New Zealand and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings From Auckland, New Zealand and questions

I am just in the process of moving from another provider over to Voda. I am still confused though over whether to go for BlueVoda or Soholaunch.

What is the relationship between them?

At this point, my understanding is that you can use BlueVoda ecommerce site but would need to add a 3rd party Cart program. Additionally, you would need a card processing company unless you were just going to use Paypal etc.

1. Currently I have two sites on which I just use Paypal. Is there any advantage in using Soholaunch?

2. Could I upgrade a BlueVoda site later to add credit card facilities?

3. Is Soholaunch a more difficult option to build?

4. The key question overall -- why would I use Soholaunch?

Thanks,

Muzz

Re: Greetings From Auckland, New Zealand and questions

Welcome,
    Because BV is easier to use and tailor to you design. PayPal is easy to use, you're familiar with it. There are other shopping carts out there, Zen, Mals, do a search in the forums and you'll see why.
    BV and Soho are different. You can link from one to the other but they don't mix.
    Look at other sites in here and plan your own.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Re: Greetings From Auckland, New Zealand and questions

Blue Voda is an easy to use builder for all your pages. You then have to add a shopping cart if you want to do ecommerce. The cart can be just about any you choose to use with your BV pages (including the Soho program, or zen, cubecart, mals, oscommerce, etc.)

Soho is an ecommerce program that uses it's OWN "shopping cart"..you can build your pages and your ecommerce all in one program (soho) BUT it is easy to customize and has categories, etc. It is a great program if your "store" is similar to the ones you see in their demo...or if you know how to "tweek" the templates to meet your needs (such as adding more categories). .... you will have to go look at the demos and sample stores to see if it would work for your products.

If you think you might like Soho, and you have a vodohost account, install Soho and play with it awhile. You will know very quickly if you like it or not. It is very easy to use an I liked it alot...

As Bill said, BV and SoHo are completely different "animals" so it is hard to answer your specific questions.
      still working on website!

Comment

Working...
      X