Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hola. How do I ...?

Yo,

and howdy. I have lots-o-questions. I realize that these questions may be answered in other posts. Could you please point me in the right direction?

I know it's a lot. Just slap me around.

I'm Big-D, new guy here. I'm the webmaster for a civil rights activist in Florida.
    The website is here:
    http://floridajail4judges.org/index.html
    This is the olde front page.

Currently I'm trying to update the JAIL4Judges website since I haven't touched it for like 4 years. I'm trying to create a NEWS webpage with links that lead to either a popup window or i-Frame.

DUH, How do I do this?
    (the published yet "hidden" webpage is here):
    http://floridajail4judges.org/news.html

The page has bookmarks for each headline, yet the links don't work. Do I need to put the news stories on another web page for the bookmark links to work??? Of course you can forget the bookmarks if there's an i-Frame there, right?

Also, I would like to change everything over to PUBLIC_PHP. Can BlueVoda help me do this EZ?

What's the advantage of PHP anyway?

I would also like to create our own "BLOG" something like your own "vBulletin" board ??

Thanks for the help.
    Big-D

"Some lawyers are like slinkies. They can bring a smile to your face when you get to push them down a flight of stairs."

Re: Hola. How do I ...?

You can do all of what you ask simply by using Blue Voda Website builder. Download it Free Here, give it a spin, and discover for yourself how easy it is to actually make a winning website with no more technical skill than you might use in Word or Publisher.....

All of the extra features you could possibly want are included Free with every VodaHost account, and can be seamlessly integrated to provide you with a feature-rich site that can be the destination you desire. See Here For Yourself!

And, you are correct indeed in saying all of your questions have been answered before, and are available in the tens of thousands of threads this Forum represents. Specific answers are easily found, however, if you perform simple "Searches" in pertinent Forums.
    It is a Forum Utility I encourage you to become intimately familiar with.

Your VodaPeers volunteer their time and assistance in these Forums, but this is not a "help desk" to drop every question or personal challenge on.....
    you learn by doing.

"Plan Your Work, and Work Your Plan!" is not only the best advice to pass on, it is the single most important to defining your website success. Only you know what features you want, require, or need to include. And, only you can make it happen.

We look forward to working with you!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Welcome BigD...sometimes using this forum is overwhelming so maybe this will help...if you go to the top of the page, you will see menu options in the blue bars such as "user cp" etc. Find the one that says "search" and click it. Then type in what you are looking for answers to...such as "bookmarks" or "blogs" or "i frames". You will get a list of all the posts that have that word or phrase and can read from there.

You can also go to the specific forum category just as "adding elements in BV" etc. and search just that specific category.

Chances are, other people have the same questions you do and it saves time for people retyping the same answers over and over again.

After you read everything you can find, experiment a little and ask any questions you need to if you are still not sure about something. It takes a lot of time and research to learn this stuff, but it is really worth it. have fun!
      still working on website!

Comment

i have a site where you sign in and i need to know how i have that information sent to my e mail address...please reply ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by sofaKING
          i have a site where you sign in and i need to know how i have that information sent to my e mail address...please reply ASAP
          Isn't this a duplicate post, maybe its late and I am seeing double.
          Post your website so we can look.

The submit button would link to yr email.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by islandcrazy
            Welcome BigD...sometimes using this forum is overwhelming so maybe this will help...if you go to the top of the page, you will see menu options in the blue bars such as "user cp" etc. Find the one that says "search" and click it. Then type in what you are looking for answers to...such as "bookmarks" or "blogs" or "i frames". You will get a list of all the posts that have that word or phrase and can read from there.

You can also go to the specific forum category just as "adding elements in BV" etc. and search just that specific category.

Chances are, other people have the same questions you do and it saves time for people retyping the same answers over and over again.

After you read everything you can find, experiment a little and ask any questions you need to if you are still not sure about something. It takes a lot of time and research to learn this stuff, but it is really worth it. have fun!
            Islandcrazy, you totally rawk. Vasili sort of shocked me, not that he meant it, with the underlying thought of "keep on doing whatever you have been doing by searching through websites. Leave us alone, we're way too busy to answer your incesent questions." Well, that's what I got from his answer. (I'm not putting words in your mouth, Vasili, it's just that's what I got from it.) I realize you all are here to answer questions and probably enjoy it. Thanx ya'll. Maybe I just haven't been slapped around enough.

Anyways, I went ahead and did the search "in the trenches", found what I needed, and did it. My problem stemmed from not knowing how to use Bookmarks within a page. I thought about using a popup window for our news page as a replacement. I s****ed that when I figured out the Bookmark thingy. I also added a button at the end of each news story and placed a Bookmark at the top of the page so you don't have to scroll. Everything works terrific.

http://floridajail4judges.org/news.html

Sooooo, thanx again Islandcrazy and Vasili.

best regards,
            Big-D

"Some lawyers are like slinkies. They can bring a smile to your face when you get to push them down a flight of stairs."

Comment

Bad news, your site does not load and worse freezes browser. Not a good thing for return users.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

oh geez, was I just insulted? I'm not sure? what does "rawk" mean?

In your original post you asked:
                "and howdy. I have lots-o-questions. I realize that these questions may be answered in other posts. Could you please point me in the right direction?"

So, I thought you mean, "point me in the right direction", Like, "how do I look for the answers and how do I use this forum".

Gosh, I guess I'm dummer than I thought!!

Well, anyway, good for you that you figured it out....now I can ask you how to do bookmarks cause I'm still reading the threads on i-frames!

Comment

Big-D:
                  your site loads OK now and all of your bookmarks seem to work....
                  took some time though as I kept reading the stories.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

OK, OK, just knock me around why don't you. Bill, you probably caught me between FTP-ing a new page and it temporarily went nuts on me. Everything's A-OK now. I appreciate your finger pointing. By the way, what brand stogie is that anyway? Wap. bam. OK, OK. Can we end this thread now. Please? I'll start a new one about my "NEW" problem. But first, do some searching (aaack!).
                    Big-D

Comment

Originally posted by islandcrazy
                      oh geez, was I just insulted? I'm not sure? what does "rawk" mean?

In your original post you asked:
                      "and howdy. I have lots-o-questions. I realize that these questions may be answered in other posts. Could you please point me in the right direction?"

So, I thought you mean, "point me in the right direction", Like, "how do I look for the answers and how do I use this forum".

Gosh, I guess I'm dummer than I thought!!

Well, anyway, good for you that you figured it out....now I can ask you how to do bookmarks cause I'm still reading the threads on i-frames!
                      Islandcrazy,

Please go see Adding Elements To Your Website --> Adding Bookmarks for islandcrazy to answer your Bookmark question.

Big-D

Comment

ROFL....!! OK Big-D
                        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X