"Files Not Found On This Server"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Files Not Found On This Server"

I did mention this elsewhere but,only got one reply.
    I have managed to upload 2 of my 6 pages onto the internet,the first two,the last four I cannot get uploaded,it just keeps coming up HTTP Error 404 File Not Found.
    The person who answered me before said that the pages might not be loaded to the server,I have done everything right,so how can this be.
    The pages which are not showing are....Register,FAQ's,People and People1.
    The site address is http://www.rememberme4ever.net
    Thanks again,
    Gary.

Re: "Files Not Found On This Server"

The answer I gave you in the other thread was accurate Shabu.

I have just performed a test....

On your site.. Thebutton called Register produces a 404 Error.

I looked at the code for your page and found that the hyperlink reads like this (I fully appreciate the code may mean nothing but please bear with me)

Code:
    <A href="http://www.rememberme4ever.net/register.html" target="_self">
    OK, so the code above is correct. It is a hyperlink that goes to the following web address

Code:
    http://www.rememberme4ever.net/register.html
    If you type that web address into your browser as if you were visiting any other website you will see another 404Error.

This means either the page (register.html) does not exist or the web address is wrong (incorrect hyperlink as explained in my other reply).

Also in your code you have this hyperlink which goes to FAQ's.HTML ... do not use punctuation in your link.. Call it FAQS.HTML instead (the page must also not include punctuation).

FPRULES

Comment

Re: &quot;Files Not Found On This Server&quot;

Hi shabu, i found it

your FAQ's page, you named it faq's.bvp or html (I'm not sure)

but you have to avoid while naming your pages to put (") or (')

change the name and give the link the right urls

watch the following tutorial:
      http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt...amingpages.htm
      The Producer

Comment

Sorry FPRob, I've posted before I see yours, actualy I guess you've send it the time when I was typing
        The Producer

Comment

LOL yeeeah usually happens a lot NP .. We were typing at the same time, no probs :)

FPRULES

Comment

Hi Fprob and Niteproducer,
            I did post in the other forum guys but,I thought I would try this one aswell to see if I can get quicker responses.
            I am still unclear about what I am doing wrong,it seems that all my pages are linked together properly,but alas,it still does not work,and I cannot understand why I am getting the first two and none of the rest,I am sure I have done everything the same for all my pages.
            I am maybe just too stupid to notice the simple mistake I have made,but.....ah,I don't know.
            Please help guys or anyone else.
            Thanks,
            Gary.

Comment

Firstly Shabu.. What we need to do is start ignoring either this thread or the other one that you left or it could well get very confusing haha.

I have left another reply in the other thread so if we stop posting in this one and start using the other one permanatly it may be easier to come up with an answer?

Do you guys agree? NitePro?

Also.. Shabu... it isnt stupidity if the simple mistakes are not spotted. It is usually the simple mistakes that are hard to spot at first. Don't put yourself down. Web design is a learning process and once this problem is solved you will know how to solve it everytime it coccurs in the future (if it does)

FPRULES

Comment

First what we've said is name your page without the ('), not in your link, you give your link the url without ('), try to verify the name of your pages and check if you gave the link the right name.

Ah, by the way, you publish all your pages in public_html or in the subfolder in public_html let's explain:

If you publish directly to public_html the url should be www.yoursite.com/yourpage.html

If you create a subfolder let's name it Folder1, the url should be www.yoursite.com/folder1/yourpage.html
                The Producer

Comment

yeah it happened again

he is right, my last post, you will find it in the other again
                  The Producer

Comment

dont post here.. This topic has been continued in another thread.....

CLICK HERE TO VIEW

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
                    X