domain and hosting from Aust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain and hosting from Aust

I have a .com.au domain that is managend in Aust but I do not have it parked or a website hosted anywhere as yet.

1. I see that you don't sell .com.au domains but am I right in saying that they can be transfered to you? or do I have it managed in Aust and the website hosted by bluevoda?

2.If you were to take over the domain that would mean on its 2yr anaversery you would not be able to renew it right?

3. Or do I just have my domain managed in Aust and somehow have it pointed to the website?? how do you do this??

It is really confusing me on how this all works.

Abbey

Re: domain and hosting from Aust

Originally posted by abbey
    I have a .com.au domain that is managend in Aust but I do not have it parked or a website hosted anywhere as yet.

1. I see that you don't sell .com.au domains but am I right in saying that they can be transfered to you? or do I have it managed in Aust and the website hosted by bluevoda?

2.If you were to take over the domain that would mean on its 2yr anaversery you would not be able to renew it right?

3. Or do I just have my domain managed in Aust and somehow have it pointed to the website?? how do you do this??

It is really confusing me on how this all works.

Abbey
    .au domains cannot be transfered outside Australia. You must simply point yout nameservers to the Vodahost servers, so your domain will be managed where you actually purchased it, but your site will be hosted in VodaHost servers.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Abbey

I was confused when I first looked at this too - seemed too easy. If you've got your Aussie domain hosted with Melbourne IT or similar you can speak to them & they'll show you how to point the name servers at vodahost - it's not as hard as it sounds.

Every 2 years you'll get the $140AU or so bill from your domain seller, assuming you have a .com.au. If you change to a .com you can get your domain name through vodahost, but they can't help you with .com.au.

In addition you'll have to pay your hosting to vodahost via credit card in US Dollars.

I have to admit, I was a bit hesitant about taking the hosting away from Australia, but it's worked very well. Not slow at all, & the help you get from these guys on the forum is amazing.

Helen

Comment

We have 1000's of customers from Australia and NZ, we have a tutorial
        on how to update your name server at Melbourne IT, Click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X