Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see if I can explain this....

This is probably not feasible but...

I'm using the addon domain feature for 2 other sites I have. My main site is for the business in which I am located. The 2 other sites are for our sister centers, ran by different managers. Basically, I wish there was a way I could set up a username and password for them so that when they published their files, they can't accidently publish over mine, seeings how we use the same page names, not to mention I don't want to have to give them my username and password for the admin section of the account.

Does this make any sense?

accounts

I understand what you mean. This is not a BlueVoda issue as much as it each an account issue. You want your sister to be able to edit her site without accidently messing up yours.

This is the risk you run by giving third parties access to your control panel logon details. Its very easy for them to accidently publish a page in the wrong folder and WHAMOOO all your stuff is gone.

Solution.....

Tell them to get their own VodaHost accounts

***** :D

Comment

lol... I worded that wrong. I wouldn't let anyone else use my account for other businesses or anything like that. The other sites I'm hosting are my businesses! They are just located in different locations. There are only 2 pages on each site I allow the managers to change, news and league standings, the rest of the site is mine! I didn't want you to get the wrong idea that I was using the add-on domains to help friends and family to get out of paying for their own!

"Sister centers" not my sister's center.. lol..

This is no big deal, just a thought. And I pretty much knew the thought was not feasible b/c of what you said in your post. You answered yet another one of my questions... Thanks again!

B

Comment

Re: Let's see if I can explain this....

he he very nice discussion! :)

Comment

Re: Let's see if I can explain this....

Do you mean that you want to create ftp accounts for your sisters.
          Is that possible at vodahost? I don't know.

Comment

Working...
          X