Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still having e-mail problems....Getting e-mail failure notices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still having e-mail problems....Getting e-mail failure notices.

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but when visitors click onto my e-mail icon to my Inspirations for Life webiste, they get Yahoo compose for their message and they send the message. When I get the message, it says "Mail Failure" I'm not sure why either.

When I set up the POP account through the Control Panel, the account says: terrilynnspencer@terrilynnspencer.com I don't know if it should say that or not.

Then as far as the hyperlink to the icon I put.... mailto:terrilynnspencer@inspirationsforlife.com I thought it would work. Visitors can compose messages with no problem and it supposedly goes through but it comes up as a failure when it gets to me. It makes no sense.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? If not, I might have to forget the e-mail idea for my sites.

URL for Inspirations for Life: www.terrilynnspencer.com

URL for Hydrocephalus Survivors: www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus

Terri

Re: Still having e-mail problems....Getting e-mail failure notices.

I don't mean to be a pain, Terri, but try going through the tutorials again on Email setup. I am having problems of my own in this area, probably because I have over 120 domains, and funneling them all into one big depository is making me grind my teeth again!

LOL
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hello Vasili,

Well I can't even get my main page e-mail to work right so I don't know if my POP account through my Control Panel is the problem or not. I'm really confused.

Should I try to set the e-mail up through Outlook Express or something? I've not used that program in quite some time other than at my job though I do have that program on my computer here at home too.

Wow, you have 120 domains? How do you keep up with them all? Does that mean you have 120 websites? Wow, with that many domains you must really keep busy!

LOL!!!

Comment

Yes....very busy, and very far behind...and 3 daily companies with more than 100 emplyees!

Yes...setting up a POP account will necessitate an email utility: despite the common opinion, I use Outlook, as it is widely supported and a workhorse. You will see that Outlook is completely tutorialized by VH as well...

Comment

Well I tried to set up Outlook but I don't know if I did it correctly or not. I don't even know how to check it to even tell if I did it correctly.... I guess I'm really stuck! I did try to do it step by step like the tuitoral showed me through BV as far as Outlook goes. How do I know I set it up correctly anyway?

Once I do get it up and running, then how do I get it where visitors to my websites can then e-mail me?

Terri

Comment

> Outlook has a "Test" button in the setup, so use that to test the connections and logon...it will help steer you in the right direction!

Again...there are tutorials on simple email linking, and how to set up other means to create email from your website......just like the hyperlink too above the Forum postings....or you never saw that? (The Earth with a pair of binoculars in front of it? You can select "mailto:" as a function also!)

Comment

Yes I did the hyperlink and tried to link the e-mail that way as far as my websites go but it didn't work before though I can try it again with Outlook if that is possible.

This is harder than I thought it would be.

Comment

Working...
              X