sub category limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub category limitations

Have a clothing store. Thought I had a solution to my dilema of too many sizes and colors for the shopping cart matrix. Designed a web form I thought was solving the problem, however after adding a lot of products I found out the form failed in s very critical part of the shopping cart. I found that if I ordered more than one color or size that the form didn't register the addition in the shopping cart. It only increased the number of the first choice. I'm stumped. Got to be a way!

I hope there is a way around this obvious serious limitation. If not, is there a way to have someone build an adon that will do the job?

Re: sub category limitations

Lew,

Rather than try your hand with Soho (which the largest obstacle to many is the limitation of sub's to 6) you need to go the OSC way.....totally.
    Don't be freaked at how it is configured, or what seemingly are complications you initially see setting it up: in the OSC Support Community, there are literally thousands of FREE plug-ins and MODs to allow you the satisfaction of really having a solid platform to set your business upon.

This being said, I highly recommend getting a customized template (really customized), and knowing the money is well-spent. By the time you get it up and load the MOD's you will agree that your store is a work to be proud of....

REREAD YOUR POST: If you are looking for a Soho add-on/MOD to deal with your Soho site, I'd contact Ben at TemplateZapper.com.....he's by far the best SohoPro you can use as the definitive resource, and is extraordinarily affordable as well....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

ditto vasili...been there, done that

you can keep bumping your brain into a wall, or you can get professional help for Soho....or ditch it and try OSC....or even Zen cart....

sorry..just my experience....which is very limited, but you should see the hole in my wall! LOL LOL LOL
      still working on website!

Comment

I am NOT an OSC fan - so I disagree with Vasili - and I looked at LOTS of shopping carts.

BUT - I do agree that you need to use a shopping cart that will allow you to do what you need - and in the case of Soho, that's one of the limitations.

I did not like OSC and the work necessary to customize all parts - and the fact that I didn't want to use that type of template - so I chose to go with Cart Manager - there are other carts out there, tho -

Karen, on the forum has just started working with another template driven cart that is really nice - she might be able to share that idea with you (when she gets back from vacation).

Mal's Ecommerce is another that some on the forum use.

It's very important that you find a cart that works for you - whether it be Soho, OSC, Zen, etc etc etc - I decided against the free carts - after I tried most all of them at some point - but each has it's points.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks! I will do just that

Comment

Working...
          X