hey guys this might be a simple question for you,
    who is my local host,
    can anyone tell me where do I get this info for a "conn.php" file
    Not sure what to put inbetween the commors-

database host= "local host"
    database name= "enter database name here"
    database logiin=" enter database login here"
    database password= enter database password here"

Once i have filled in this info properley I have to upload it to my database using FTP manager is this correct.

Can you please help!!

http://www.witguides.com

Re: local host

Originally posted by witguides
    hey guys this might be a simple question for you,
    who is my local host,
    can anyone tell me where do I get this info for a "conn.php" file
    Not sure what to put inbetween the commors-

database host= "local host" localhost, no blank space.

database name= "enter database name here" Did you set up your database or not? If not, then you surely don't know what to put in here. look below.
    database logiin=" enter database login here" The same as above
    database password= enter database password here" Also the same.

Once i have filled in this info properley I have to upload it to my database using FTP manager is this correct. Should be. If the script is on your computer at the moment, you need to upload it on the server using FTP

Can you please help!!

You need to first create a database. Please watch these tutorials:

Creating a MySQL database

Managing a MySQL database in PHPMyAdmin

Then go on with your own script.

Watch very well the last screen of the first tutorial. You can see the same screen after you have created your DB and added a user, by going in your CP and clicking on "MySQL Databases".

You will see that the Database name and the username are not excactly what you have typed, but they have a "yourcpusername_" prefix infront. The password instead is excactly what you will type in the relevant folder.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

When updating these details you can leave 'localhost' as local host there is no need to change this as the server will know where to look. It took me a while to figure this out but have now set up many scripts and this has worked for me without problems
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

OK I've searched through the is string and can not work this out! (I feel like I'm reading greek! & I'm not Greek!!!) I'm stuck on the FormMaker Pro system Installation Page.

MySQL host : localhost?MySQL login: my database user name? Is that just the name or what? MySQL password: just the password?MySQL database name: accountname_fmp
        Any help would be great! I think I'm going Mad!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Comment

MySQL host : localhost? Correct

MySQL login: my database user name? usually it is cpusername_user
          cpusername is your own account username, username is the username that you have created for your DB. If you haven't yet, you should create a user for the fmp database, give a password, as desired, and then ADD that user to THAT (fmp) database with privileges: ALL

MySQL password: just the password? Yes, the one that you have given for that username in the database User creation.

MySQL database name: accountname_fmp Correct if by accountname you mean accountusername
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X