No announcement yet.

subscribers and restricted area how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subscribers and restricted area how to?

Hi,
    I 'm currently building a financial site. Trading plan for trader.
    Informations have to be protected.
    Visitors will have a free try using paypal then if they like our service they will pay a montlhy subscription. but
    Problemo. I'don't know how to do that.
    How can I build a restricted area (pages) and
    How suscribers will access the restricted area.(using passwords?)

Any ideas.
    Thank you

Re: subscribers and restricted area how to?

Can't wait till someone answers, my new project will involve this also!
    Bruce Hewitt
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
    IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
    http://www.thebabydolls.biz
    bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

This is not quite the answer you are looking for & I know it’s not a freebie, but will give you good control & info about your members, plus it has a payment gateway.
      http://www.amember.com/

Chris.
      PS, your sites looking a lot better Bruce.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Option 1:

If you need just a protected area, where users can only enter if they have a password, then you can simply create a password protected directory and publish yyour protected pages there. Your members will receive the password and username through email from you, after they have paid.

Option 2: use one of the many FREE scripts for user authentication, that you can find on the net. Just Google it.

Option 3: Use a pro user authentication script, as suggested above. Amember's is one of the best.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

check out www.amember.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks a lot naval and vodahost.
            Will do when my project is underway!
            Bruce Hewitt
            YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
            IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
            http://www.thebabydolls.biz
            bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Option 1:

If you need just a protected area, where users can only enter if they have a password, then you can simply create a password protected directory and publish yyour protected pages there. Your members will receive the password and username through email from you, after they have paid.

Option 2: use one of the many FREE scripts for user authentication, that you can find on the net. Just Google it.

Option 3: Use a pro user authentication script, as suggested above. Amember's is one of the best.
                Hello navaldesign!

Does Blue Voda have the capability and perhaps tutorials on how to do your Option 1? I'm trying to do a Members Only area, which will include a Forum inside the space. My Members Only will provide some free memberships. Perhaps I should have a free Forum AND a paid Membership site. I don't know the best way to go with this.

Thanks for whatever suggestions you can offer.

WebMagic

Comment

You'll find your solution in this thread, post #3 : http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...light=password

Good Webbing!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Only an idea, but it might help traffic & visitors to see some of your forum & then have member’s/private areas that are not available to the public with out a subscription. I believe quite a few forums have this facility & allow you to do this.

Chris.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Not possible....would require having 2 Forums, as all are loaded straight into their own directory - a single Forum cannot be mirrored or split between directories, and it is the directory that is "protected"...
                      Most Forums do have their visible "Front-end" but require Registration or Logon to not only "Post" but to see a more advanced index.
                      One or the other....not both!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                        You'll find your solution in this thread, post #3 : http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...light=password

Good Webbing!
                        Thank you Vasili. I'll follow that link and learn, learn, learn!

WebMagic

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                          Not possible....would require having 2 Forums, as all are loaded straight into their own directory - a single Forum cannot be mirrored or split between directories, and it is the directory that is "protected"...
                          Most Forums do have their visible "Front-end" but require Registration or Logon to not only "Post" but to see a more advanced index.
                          One or the other....not both!
                          Chris.

Sorry to contradict you Vasili or we way be on slightly different ideas, but you can with Wobb forums http://www.wowbb.com . You can set up as many subscription types as you want & then enable what permissions & what areas they have access to via the group facility.

Chris.
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Also with phpbb
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am currently using a VH-phpBB Forum, and it is password protected entirely (as the original question). It resides in it's own sub-directory, in order to effect the password protection.

If, by using "Permissions" I elect to have the Forum index present as "normal" prior to Logon, for instance, visitors will not see the sub-forums or certain other features of the board. Only after they logon will all the features become not only visible, but accessible.

> However, if the Forum itself is not "password protected" visitors will still be able to browse the entire Forum, but be denied the ability to "post" etc. The issue was how to protect the Forum itself via password, and have additional BV pages published to the same password protected directory...which is also something I am doing.

My statement that you cannot "split" a Forum into dual protections is something I stand by. Either the whole board is protected, or via Permissions you deny features, leaving interior pages visible. Unless I am specifically demonstrated to be incorrect, in which case I will have to look at MY Forum and figure out why what I am doing successfully is not possible....

Comment

Working...
                              X