Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 wide issue???

Hi,
    i see there is quite a few comments about screen resolution & what size to make your pages.
    I appreciate that many people have home/office computers that can cope with 800 or even 1024 screen resolutions. But many viewers to your site will have small lap tops that tend to have smaller screens, (Not all). I found that I have to drop down my page size to 780/790’ish to get rid of the bottom scroll bars to fit on my lap top. Is this something to think about or do you feel it’s not worth worrying about? Personally I don’t like to see sites that have a bottom scroll bar & tend to think they don’t look very professional. Or is this just somthing that laptop users put up with. Or am I getting to finicky

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Re: 800 wide issue???

Can't please everyone.

Bethers posted something about this and percentages showing that 1024 is actually the most common. That said there are too many 800's out there so best to acomodate most everyone.

Those few who travel light, know that something is sacrificed in exchange for laptop bulk. Don't worry about it.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Re: 800 wide issue???

The size of the screen doesn't have anything to do with the size of the window in the screen. However, if you want everyone to be able to see the site without any scrolling, yes, you should actually make the site 780 - even tho the window size is 800 - but that, to me, is really being nitpicky and making it 800 should be fine.

I'd rather find a way to teach people who have their computers set at 800 resolutions to go in and change them :) -
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X