This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Bars for each page

Hi I just started building my site and I'm far from publishing but what I'm doing is a home brew supply store. I have my home page finished and I already have a general idea of what my other pages need on them so I have 10 navigation buttons on the home page already named with the proper url. I want the same navigation buttons on all pages. Will i have to create navigation bars and then manually type in the URLs on each one or is there a shortcut way to do this. In other words one page is Beer equipment and the URL is www.southeastsupplies.com/equipment.html and i want that button on all 10 pages. Do I have to add the button on all 10 pages and then type in the URL all 10 times?

Re: Navigation Bars for each page

Hi I copied and pasted my nav buttons on all my pages and had no problems - but i have read that it is not a good idea - i would try copy/paste first and if it gives you problems re do them remember you have to publish the pages before you can check the links - you can always change and republish as you do more work
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Or, you can use an i-frame in your pages, so you will only have ONE menubar, in a page of it's own. If someday you need to change something, you only change the menubar page. Have a look at Menubar in I-frame
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I made myself a clone page of my index page with only the header and navigation - and for each new page, I call up the index clone - then when I add the new information, I simply do save as and save it as the new page.

I, personally, don't like using i-frames for navigation - but that's a personal preference.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers, what is the difference between cloning the index page and making a copy of the index page and saving it as a "template" that you start each page with?

And what is the advantage of doing that, over using the I frame method in several of the tips tutorials here? SE???
          still working on website!

Comment

Originally posted by islandcrazy
            Bethers, what is the difference between cloning the index page and making a copy of the index page and saving it as a "template" that you start each page with?

None. Cloning a page will give you some of the extra elements of the cloned page, ready in your page, but as for the menubar, it is excactly the same. .

And what is the advantage of doing that, over using the I frame method in several of the tips tutorials here? SE???

I frames will allow to change your menubar in say a 250 page site in 3 minutes or less. Bethers has always suggested to be very carefull in using frames. I beleive, after i have seen that Google, MSN and Yahoo have practically indexed every single page on my site, that using i frames for the header and the menubar, did NOT have any negative effects. On the other hand, i consider Bethers far more expert than me regarding SE.
            Hope this helps
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well you guys are most helpful. I'm just curious now, how would i copy my navigation bars and header?

Comment

Never mind. Duh. Figured it out. Thank you all for your help,

John

Comment

thread closed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X