Control from 2 computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control from 2 computers

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me please. My site is now up and running (yay!) but now I would like to be able to access it from a another computer as well as my main one. I have looked around but I can't seem to find any info on how to do this. Is this possible, and if so would anyone be able to tell me in simple terms how to do it please?
    Thanks in advance
    Karen
    www.redgypsy.co.uk

Re: Control from 2 computers

Yes- you can do this.

Download BV web builder on any computer you wish to use.

Make a back up copy of the BV folder in your "My Documents" folder on a
    disc or better yet, a thumb drive.

Take the thumb drive to what ever computer you wish to work on and down load the BV folder to that computers "My Documents" folder.

Now you are ready to work and do what ever you wish.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy, thanks for your help. I know I'm a thicko but I'm not sure how to make a back up copy onto disk, or into 'my documents'. Sorry for being clueless :o(

Comment

No problems.

Open your "My Documents" folder and you will see the Blue Voda folder. This is what you want to make a copy of. So put a CD (R) or (RW) in the drive. Now right click on the Blue Voda folder and navigate to send to-

Choose the CD drive and click on it. It will now send the folder and its contents to that CD. (I am assuming you have windows XP).

Thats it.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Adding to what Andy has said, please remember which files are your most recent. You dont wnat to publish on one comp and then make the mistake of republishing an older page on the other computer.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Oh wow, even I can do that! lol
            Thanks very much Andy :o)

Comment

Very important: since bv names it's images bvxxxx.gif, looking at the last used name in the Images folder, you must make sure that you synchronize the folders in the two computers ALWAYS in order to avoid any conflict naming.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval, I'm not sure I understand. How would I synchronize the folders?
                Thanks in advance
                Karen

www.redgypsy.co.uk

Comment

The two folders need to be identical. The easiest way to do that is to have a memory stick and copy the whole BV folder from the computer you have last worked with, to the stick, then to the other computer.

A good rule is to have also ALL the images you need for your site, inside the BV folder, so they will also be included in these transport operation.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval, think I can do that...well, as long as I go buy a memory stick! Thanks also for the advice about images, I just checked and they aren't all in the BV folder so you may have just saved me from a big headache!
                    Karen

www.redgypsy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X