Moving a file on my server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a file on my server

Using Control Panel, after selecting a file, I click on 'move.' The top of the screen says 'select where you want to move file.' I click on the folders until I find the one I want to move the file into and then can't find out how to actually move the file.

Next I tried using FTP Manager (BlueFTP) but could only move the file from the server to my computer or vice versa.

Hope someone can help.

Regards
    Mick

Re: Moving a file on my server

Originally posted by leeandmick@bigpond.com
    Using Control Panel, after selecting a file, I click on 'move.' The top of the screen says 'select where you want to move file.' I click on the folders until I find the one I want to move the file into and then can't find out how to actually move the file.

Next I tried using FTP Manager (BlueFTP) but could only move the file from the server to my computer or vice versa.

Hope someone can help.

Regards
    Mick
    Hi Mick,

Go back to your CP - do exactly what you did the first time then when you get to the folder you want to move it into, click the actual folder name rather than the folder icon and this should do it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Moving a file on my server

Thanks a million Amanda.

I knew the answer would be simple, like me.

God bless
      Mick

Comment

Working...
      X