Printing from my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing from my site

When I print out a page from my site, which has more than on page of text, I only get a printout for the first page. It says there is only 1 of 1 pages.

My site is http://www.christianissues.biz/

Mick

Re: Printing from my site

The print function only prints what is open in the browser. Therefore, you would need to open each page you wish to print and hit the print button.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Sorry Andy, I didn't make myself clear enough.

My printer won't print what is in the browser window if it is more than one A4 page. It says there is only 1 of 1 pages when there are actually 2.

Thanks
      Mick

Comment

I would try to do a driver update for the printer. If no up-date avaliable- then I would re-install.

See if that works.

What brand of printer?

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

My printer is an Epson Stylus C61 but I doubt that it is the problem as other sites printout OK. With pages from my site,even the 'print preview' only shows the first page and cuts the rest off.

Hope you can help.

Mick

Comment

Listen to Andy.
            Another option is to print to Adobe Acrobat and then to your printer. If you don't have the full function software, there are several programs that will allow you to print to PDF, this one http://www.cutepdf.com/ has worked well for me.

You can decide to save as a PDF file, e-mail or print later.

Good luck
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

lee and mick-
              I printed off a page of your website that actually was several (3) pages long and it printed off fine for me.

The print driver has many instructions (code) pertaining to print instructions under a great many circumstances including how to deal with codes collected from web browsers from web page codes. That is why I suggested a re-install or update. Perhaps- it has a glitch somewhere that is effected by only one program or circumstance. It is a relatively easy procedure and if it proves not to help- we have furthered our ability to diagnois the problem.

I will be researching other possibilities as I find a few moments of time. To further our diagnosis - what browser are you using?

Cheers,

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Another option would be to not simply click on the "printer icon" in your browser bar, but to Print via FILE, which will bring up your default Printer's dialog box, where you can specify "All" pages, PAGE "range", or even which "pane" to print...
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have just tried 101 things.

Firstly, I am using Firefox and can't print or preview right, even with a driver update. Only the first page comes up when it should be multi-page. Even cutepdf wouldn't work.

I swapped to Explorer and it works OK except for some scratching at the beginning or end of a page. Cute pdf is much the same. At least I can print it out.

An odd thing is that I couldn't even copy and paste it into a word processor. It came out all over the place. No sense at all.

Lastly, Vasili, I can't get any sense out of printing to file. A box appears to ask what filename to save it to as a .prn then I can't do anything with the file it makes.

Perhaps I need a new printer.

Regards
                  Mick

Comment

I was doing a serach and found"browser" print problems that occured with browsers other than IE.

So don't buy a new printer yet.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy, I get get a decent printout if I firstly make a pdf, then copy the pdf into a word processer, then correct 'double ups' that occur on page changes, then print it out. Easy eh!

Comment

I have a similar problem. And it just doesn't make any sense. My site is published and up and running. When I pull up the site on the web, using my Firefox browser, and try to print a page that should take 2-3 pages total, it only prints one page, saying it printed "1 of 1" page. I don't have this problem with other websites and their pages that are of similar length and design, graphics, text, etc. My printer is up to date, etc. and it prints all pages of any other websites page that I want it to. So how come it won't do the same for my pages created in BlueVoda?

Comment

I've the same problem with you guys. And one more thing I've noticed. When I printout 1 page of my website (www.tcottowel.com,) its left margin is too wide. Then bring information on the right hand side away. To avoid loosing information on the right hand side, I've to make my page 600 pixels wide.

In Thailand we have a website service similar to vodahost called readyplanet. I checked websites of their clients. They dont' have this problem. But Readyplanet require their customers to put their logo on the page.

I really think vodahost should take a look.

This is some of Readyplanet's clients.

Thanks
                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                          X