Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titles in page properties

Hi from Phil.C in Oz

Just 2 minor questions that I could not locate in the Forum. (well not quite the answers I was looking for anyway)

1. When adding a title in page properties should the titles be the name of the page as per the navigation buttons,ie about_us, contact_us etc. Or should they be general info about the page ie, My website - about us, My website contact us, etc.

2. Secondly which is best: I have saved my index page as a template. When I open a new page from the template it creates a new folder, ie about_ us, and it stores the images for this page in the same folder.

Or is it better to just save the page with "save as" under a differant name. This does not create a seperate folder and just saves the new single page. Will my images appear if I just upload the page. ( I am having difficulty visualising how an image is located by the FTP and how they magically appear on the web page)

I am wandering which is best when it comes to publishing. Will I have to publish individual folders for individual pages so the images will be uploaded and accessable.

Thanks
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Re: Titles in page properties

Originally posted by philipc9635
    Hi from Phil.C in Oz

Just 2 minor questions that I could not locate in the Forum. (well not quite the answers I was looking for anyway)

1. When adding a title in page properties should the titles be the name of the page as per the navigation buttons,ie about_us, contact_us etc. Or should they be general info about the page ie, My website - about us, My website contact us, etc.

2. Secondly which is best: I have saved my index page as a template. When I open a new page from the template it creates a new folder, ie about_ us, and it stores the images for this page in the same folder.

Or is it better to just save the page with "save as" under a differant name. This does not create a seperate folder and just saves the new single page. Will my images appear if I just upload the page. ( I am having difficulty visualising how an image is located by the FTP and how they magically appear on the web page)

I am wandering which is best when it comes to publishing. Will I have to publish individual folders for individual pages so the images will be uploaded and accessable.

Thanks
    Firstly the page title is one that should make sense to your visitors, and may also help with search engine listings. Your first page has to be called 'index', but the page title can be 'Homepage for Widgets' or something similar.

If you want your pages to have the same look and feel you can use the clone button in BV. This creates a duplicate of the page so you can alter those parts you need to change. You must remember to save the page as the new page, and change all the page properties though. When you publish a page there will be a number of files added to your public_html folder. One will be the html of the page, the others will be the various images and gifs you may have uploaded. For example, each navigation bar button will be a separate gif.

All you need to do is publish each page, and BV will sort out the various files for you. If you want to look at the files you have uploaded either look under file manager in your cpanel, or connect using blue ftp.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Thanks Trish

That all makes it clearer.

You must save the page as ie: index, contact_us, about_us, etc. But in page properties the title can be more general and more user friendly to the SEs and visitors.

You learn something new every day!!!!

Thanks, much appreciated
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

You're welcome - it will all make sense as you go on!
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
        X