Hi from a potential customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from a potential customer

My name is Sharon and I am currently working on building a website with another company. However, I am not pleased with their customer service. I had a friend suggest that we get rid of them and my husband had come across your site before.

I like that you offer your own site builder...that is a plus. The other place I am with does have a site builder, but it is with another company, its not their own. Which means the people who created it do not offer tech support to those who aren't hosting with them and it really stinks.

I am going to be perfectly honest. I am really new at HTML and I can write some HTML....I have a book I refer to and the folks at mal's ecommerce have been very helpful with me.

Our business is jewelry, so we will need to be able to create drop down menus that allow different priced items, something that mals ecommerce has showed me how to do but if there's an easier way to do it I'm all for it.

My husband has been reading me the glowing reports of what people have said about your company and i'm just about ready to sign up. Just tell me that you will not laugh when I ask questions and I'm there.

Sharon Hendricks

Re: Hi from a potential customer

Welcome! You do not need to know any html to use the Bluevoda website builder. YOu can download BV for free and try it first. Then, if you like it, you get a VodaHosting account and start buildng!! You can do all the things you asked about with very simple steps. YOu can also use your Mals Ecommerce cart on your BV pages.

You will get lots of support in the forums for BV. The only thing you need to be sure of is that you can only use the BV builder with Voda Hosting.

OH...forgot to mention that no one will laugh at your questions....and if they do, I will yell at them, ok! LOL besides, I give them plenty to laugh about!

Good luck!
    still working on website!

Comment

Hello Sharon!

Welcome to Voda!
      1. Customer Service is the BEST there is.
      2. With Blue Voda you dont need to know any html.
      3. I havent come across anything yet that Voda cant handle
      4. I have asked some pretty silly questions and not once have I been laughed at ..

I think you will be VERY pleased to become a member here. This IS the best site building/hosting company on the planet. Looking forward to seeing your site. Good Luck!
      brenT

Comment

Originally posted by islandcrazy
        Welcome! You do not need to know any html to use the Bluevoda website builder. You can download BV for free and try it first. With this easy to use, feature-rich web building tool, you will be surprised at how quickly you can design a winning website you've only imagined elsewhere! Then, if you like it, you get a VodaHosting account and start buildng!! No, you need only create your Account when it is time to publish your Blue Voda website....you can build and construct to your heart's desire immediately! You can do all the things you asked about with very simple steps. YOu can also use your Mals Ecommerce cart on your BV pages. This is a cart not included in your VodaHost account (although we include 5 superior carts in particular), but the fact remains VodaHost does support 3rd party shopping carts, if you so choose....

You will get lots of support in the forums for BV. (The only thing you need to be sure of is that you can only use the BV builder with Voda Hosting.)

The superior-rated Library of Video Tutorials will accelerate your web-building skills, and cover every aspect of technical skills as you design your website. For particular aspects you are challenged with, the Forums are chock-full of answers, for all of your questions have been previously answered....you simply have to look for them! If you need further assistance, post a question in this Forum (in the right area), and your peers will offer you their personal expertise! OH...forgot to mention that no one will laugh at your questions....and if they do, I will yell at them, ok! LOL besides, I give them plenty to laugh about!

Good luck!
        To see all the features included with every VodaHost Account, Click Here. I am sure you will agree there simply is no better value on the web!

Welcome to VodaHost!

We look forward to working with you!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Hi from a potential customer, with a question

Okay. My husband and I have made up our minds, we are moving over to your web hosting. It will have to wait until next week, though, when we will have the money in the account.

I do have a question that I am going to ask now while I'm working on your wonderful site builder. I would like to offer my customers the ability to put things on layaway. Is there a way to do the following in your site builder:

When they click on a button, insert the item into a layaway form.
          When they are finished with shopping, they get a total and it tells them the minimum they need to put down(10%), and gives them a paypal button to do it with?

Thanks so much!

Comment

In the business myself, if you stick with Blue Voda to create your actual pages, you will need a 3rd party cart like MALS, but I am unfamiliar with their specific transactional features....however, I do know that PayPal has an optional "recurring payment" feature. If you opt for PayPal rather than a traditional Merchant Processing, this might be something to look into. If you go traditional, I believe only VeriSign offers "Bill Me" as part of their 'Secure Visa/MC' platform.

If you elect Soholaunch Website Builder, I do not feel it is sufficient for a full-blown jewelry website, as the sub-categories for individual Main Categories are limited to 6, unless you opt to install a MOD (modification), something you will need to contract for independently. Although not expensive for MOD's or custom templates, Soholaunch does seem to intimidate some "webbies" initially.

True carts, like OsCommerce (also included Free with each VodaHost Account) offers unlimited categories and sub-categories, and has the capabilities for transactional functionality you mention, but is a true "project-level" technology to delve into. (I am currently still under development for 2 OsC carts myself).

If you have fewer SKU's or a limited inventory, I would suggest starting with Blue Voda, configuring your "cart" with either MALS or Cube, and experiment with off-line transactions, preferring to run them yourself in the mode you specify. This is completely matable with QuickBooks Pro, for instance, and will keep your books straight.

>> You might also even wish to bone up on how to use QuickBooks Store as a means to organize your "email-commerce" as you implement Blue Voda.....keeping everything seamless from the beginning!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili & Me wrote: "You can download BV for free andtry it first. With this easy to use, feature-rich web building tool, you will be surprised at how quickly you can design a winning website you've only imagined elsewhere! Then, if you like it, you get a VodaHosting account and start buildng!! No, you need only create your Account when it is time to publish your Blue Voda website....you can build and construct to your heart's desire immediately! "

Seems I used the word "try it" instead of "build it" and then I used the words "Start building" instead of "start publishing." I hope I didn't confuse you, wishmaster! Glad you are joining up!

Comment

Welcome! You do not need to know any html to use the Bluevoda website builder. YOu can download BV for free and try it first. Then, if you like it, you get a VodaHosting account and start buildng!! You can do all the things you asked about with very simple steps. YOu can also use your Mals Ecommerce cart on your BV pages.

You will get lots of support in the forums for BV. The only thing you need to be sure of is that you can only use the BV builder with Voda Hosting.

OH...forgot to mention that no one will laugh at your questions....and if they do, I will yell at them, ok! LOL besides, I give them plenty to laugh about!

Good luck!
                Yeah and i'll help her...no one laughs at you in the forum ...<outside maybe...lol> ...and if I can do it ...well then any body can do it...so good luck and we look forward to seeing it.

Island...girl when are you going to get your site up for us to see...a hint please...lol
                Beezz
                sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

oh beez!!!! LOL i gave you your own private hint yesterday in that OTHER thread!!! LOL LOL i will send you a new hint to your website, k?

Comment

oh beez!!!! LOL i gave you your own private hint yesterday in that OTHER thread!!! LOL LOL i will send you a new hint to your website, k?
                    LOL...got it and it was really awesome...can't wait to see it up and running...good job.

It pays to wait and watch the threads...I'm sort of doing the same with my new site...taking my time with it.
                    Beezz
                    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Have to keep a ***** eye...
                      Bill
                      www.blueearthtea.com
                      www.ftaaconsulting.com
                      www.iaval.com
                      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment