Can't uninstall phpbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't uninstall phpbb

I've tried several times to remove phpbb in my cpanel. Go to Fantastico, click on phpbb, shows current installation, click remove, click buttons to remove, and..................nothing! It's still there. Please tell me how to remove it some other way if I need to.

Thank you.

Try removing it manually in your file manager. Be careful what you delete though.
    ::Steven.H::

Comment

Re: Can't uninstall phpbb

can anyone helpmewith installation. After clicking 'FinishInstallation', this is the message i get

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/maniicom/public_html/forum/includes/auth.php on line 254

Comment

Originally posted by Mbizeni
        can anyone helpmewith installation. After clicking 'FinishInstallation', this is the message i get

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/maniicom/public_html/forum/includes/auth.php on line 254
        Don't install phpBB manually. Instead, log in to your Cpanel, scroll to the bottom until you see the big blue smiley face labeled 'Fantastico' and click that. Look down the left side of the page and you'll see phpBB listed as an option to add. Before you do any of this, though, delete the phpBB files you've apparently already uploaded to the server.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Try going to your E-mail and look up all E-mails from 'PhpBB'. You should see somthing in the nture of "PhpBB2 Forum succesfully installed!" or somthign like that. After that go back into your cp and into fantastico. make a new forum download in the other one. MAKE SURE THIS DOWNLOAD IS NOT PHPBB2. You should beable to delete your other forum now. Hope this helps out with your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanhitchings
            Try going to your E-mail and look up all E-mails from 'PhpBB'. You should see somthing in the nture of "PhpBB2 Forum succesfully installed!" or somthign like that. After that go back into your cp and into fantastico. make a new forum download in the other one. MAKE SURE THIS DOWNLOAD IS NOT PHPBB2. You should beable to delete your other forum now. Hope this helps out with your problem!
            That's not helpful, useful or anything else even remotely constructive. phpBB doesn't magically email you when you've installed it, whether through a manual install or in Fantastico.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
            X