Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure image for webpage

Hi,

Anyone know how to secure image/photos on webpages so that viewer is unable to right-click and "save picture as..." for downloading using Bluevoda??

Thanks!

Regards,
    Eric

Re: Secure image for webpage

Hi Eric.

Your best best is to do a forum search on disable right click. This question has been asked, answered and debated many times in this forum and you may find the reading useful.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Eric, have a look at this (link below) .... Lots of ways to do what you need but I am affraid there is no such thing as a full proof way to protect images.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...=disable+click

FPRULES

Comment

OK, a good way to confuse people....

Put the image on your page, find out about CSS positioning then....

Place a second image over the top of the first one. The second image is 100% transparent and is nothing but a white square the same size as the first pic.

When right clicking and saving they will actually be saving the transparent second pic.

When they goto view it and see nothing it will cause confusion because 'nothing' will appear, its transparent but...

This is still not full proof, anybody with half an ounce of know how will still be able to get your pics.

FPRULES

Comment

No way you can protect them. One idea (from a golf course site) use color thumbnails and sepia or b&w popups with a watermark when enlarged. At least it deters some.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

very easy my friend. place SHAPE over the picture or over whole site and in the properties click TRANSPARENT. nobody can right click save as sorry my bad english
            FOLLOW ME, I’M LOST TOO

www.bannerclickmania.com

Comment

can't u just save page to your pc and/or open/edit site with notepad and just look for an original link to the picture? then use that link to get to the pic..
              But saving sum part of the work as flash does help... (not sayng, that u should work with flash or use spec. software)

Comment

Hey!

There is no way you can protect your images unless you copyright them. That also doesn't stop people from copy paste, which is impossible to stop even with html coding etc because they can just google it etc.
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                X