• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must be stupid

My domain name is manfredeye.com.
    My name is Alan.
    My client ID # is 9485.

I thought this was supposed to be easy! I can't figure anything out, from initial log-in to using the BlueVoda website builder--in spite of the tutorials.
    Must be a math thing.
    Really. I need somebody to show me, step-by-step, as though I were a child, how to use this.
    I don't like my admin username or password to begin with--too hard to remember.
    Sorry to seem so moronic when so many other beginners have no trouble, but I just don't get it.

Re: I must be stupid

Hi Manfred, Sounds like you need some help, but would be better for us to help you with specific questions as to what you need & what you are stuck on. IE.
    • How do I do this?
    • Can I do this?

Try & keep the questions to 1 per posting.
      But you will have to go through the tutorials a few times to get the idea on how it all works.
    As for your name & password. You can change your password in c/panel at any time but don’t keep it to easy so others to find out.

Chris
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Manni... You will find the members here very eager to help with problems and getting things started. Keep at it, when your first site is done everything will be a lot clearer and then you will not have anywhere near the same level of difficulty on future projects.

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by Manfred
        My domain name is manfredeye.com.
        My name is Alan.
        My client ID # is 9485.

I thought this was supposed to be easy! I can't figure anything out, from initial log-in to using the BlueVoda website builder--in spite of the tutorials.
        Must be a math thing.
        Really. I need somebody to show me, step-by-step, as though I were a child, how to use this.
        I don't like my admin username or password to begin with--too hard to remember.
        Sorry to seem so moronic when so many other beginners have no trouble, but I just don't get it.
        Don't remember your password and username. Keep it written in front of you. You can change it later when you know how to get into that section of cpanel.

Go back to the tutorials, just focus on the first 7, at the same time make a page -any page- to follow the instructions. Become very familiar with it.
        Don't have to save it.

Then move on to the second set of tutorials. Keep it simple and forget the fancy stuff until you are more comfortable with BV.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Maybe I'm just being too impatient. I think I'll have to take notes as I go through the tutorials; they seem so simple while watching, but in practice, I tend to go astray, somehow.

Comment

Hi Manfred ...did you have aspecific issue..lets take them one at time..

1.)HAve you used the web builder and are you ready to publish?

2) Are you not sure about your Control Panel login?

Lets see if we can clear up a few things to get you started.

Baby steps...lol
            Beezz
            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Aloha Manfred, I have been in the same boat as you are in. I am still asking basic questions and I go through the tutorials over and over again. The people in these forums are very nice and helpful. Don't feel stupid. You are in the right place and you have plenty of company. CiCi
              www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
                Aloha Manfred, I have been in the same boat as you are in. I am still asking basic questions and I go through the tutorials over and over again. The people in these forums are very nice and helpful. Don't feel stupid. You are in the right place and you have plenty of company. CiCi
                That was an excellent post, CiCi!
                And so true...of all of us! We all started the same way, and are still plodding through the processes.

I have found it very helpful to actually pose questions with as much information as possible, so as to give a "heads-up" to others to what might be going on, so that they might specifically guide me to a solution. It took me a long time to remember that computers don't think the way I do, and I had to keep trying to stick to their formatting if I was going to get them to do what I wanted them to do! LOL
                (I resisted for a long time at that, only because it was like going back to school and sitting in an advanced math class or something!)

Fear not to ask questions, and with the knowledge that they have been answered before, you shouldn't feel captive on a thread if you are able to Search the Forums (little function at the top of the Forum Toolbar) for a solution!

Good Post....Good Place to Build Your Dreams!

Welcome to VodaLand.... "There's Magic in Here!"
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Manfred, I can completely relate to your frustration, but once you get the hang of some of the basics then you can move to other things. Don't be discouraged. Practice, practice, practice. I am learning also, and the information and people in this forum are incredibly smart and helpful. Just keep at it. Good luck.

Comment

The template set that I am trying to save insists on being saved into desktop instead of documents. Furthermore, after downloading, the computer refuses to open this set into BV no matter what I have saved it to.
                    This function is not working anything like the tutorial says it should. After download, the prompt does not appear. I am completely lost. I guess I'm just not computer savvy enough to figure out how to correct my error.
                    PLEASE HELP!

Comment

Working...
                    X