Urgent help needed on website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed on website

I just looked at my site this morning and the whole front page has become distorted. I have re-published and done everything and nothing is working, can anyone tell me what may have happened please, all other pages are fine.

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Re: Urgent help needed on website

Your page looks just fine on my computer and I have IE. Clear your cache and maybe even reboot. Perhaps you are seeing an old version of your page that is messed up?
    still working on website!

Comment

Looks great here (Alabama)
      Brad Arnold.......
      www.baldwincomusic.com
      www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
      !Free Search Engine Submission!
      Talking Avatar for your web site!
      Free sound editor
      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Good Morning Paul,
        Yes, I can see what you mean. If you scroll down far enough things are overlapping and not lined up. The only thing I can think of to start things off is to go to "page properties" and check the width of your page. Should be 740 to 800 wide and centered. The length should accomodate the content. Check this on all of your pages to make sure they are all the same width so your site will start to have a more uniform look and feel.
        Your site has a nice clean look and easy to navigate. I suggest trying a single basic background or template to apply throughout your site. That also applies to the navigation buttons. It will look more professional, especially when you are selling something.
        As far as the overlapping things, try re-distributing them and then locking them in place (go to "edit" and click on lock all")...just remember that you did that in case you need to move anything around:)

Very interesting reading by the way. Great content. I wish you success.
        Lorraine

Comment

I was told to re-do the page and re-publish by support, this I have done and still have the same problem. This is the only reason for different background on the front page, it was a test page. I have no idea what is wrong and it has now gone to a team leader and still waiting reply. It is causing me a lot of problems as I only submitted a press release yesterday.

Heres hoping

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

i apologize, Paul. I did not scroll down far enough....yes, the testimonial letters are out of place. I'm so sorry I said they were ok. I'm sure the team leader will be able to help you. You have a wonderful site and I'm sure it will get worked out quickly! Hang in there!
            still working on website!

Comment

hmmm... Paul. my bet is on the web ring HTML coding, or maybe the bravenet stat coding!!! It's usually something like these things that do that to pages. Can you remember what the last thing you did to your page before that happened? I would remove stuff slowly, try in reverse order of how you put on.
              Ramsey
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hello Paul..

You have a great website.. I can see that the elements do all appear misplaced. Even though this is only a possibility, I am aware that some scripts, particularly those using the GetElementById and using Layers could cause that type of problem. The solution is often to bring the layer affected by the script to the 'Front' of the page. It appears that you are using a script for some type of feature on that page, whether it is a 'rollover menu buttons' or some type of other function.. If you can identify that feature and bring it to the 'front of the page, this may be the solution.

This is what I would do:
                Right click on each element on the page and 'move to front' then view.. try all elements, and share the results with us please.

Cheers.

Comment

Well- in addition to re-doing the page, I would also suggest that you delete it from the server (and all graphics associated with that page).

Recently I made a shape and gave it color "A". Saved and published. Then later decided that a different color would be better so I gave it a different color "B" and saved and published. Worked great for a while. Then all of s sudden- color "A" would show up again. Deleted shape from page and server. Saved and published. Made new shape with correct color "B"- saved and published. Again- after a while, color "A" showed back up.

Solution-
                  Deleted shape from page and server. Had to create new shape in paint and then named it a totally different name than what the BV program had given the original shape image.

Summary- glitches are everywhere and you have to find a work around. Make sure to delete from the server as well as from the page. Change names of offending images where possible.

Hope this helps in some way.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi all thanks for the tips. When I did re-do and re-publish the page the banner and the menu buttons came back into place, but the rest stayed out of line. Could this narrow down what it could be before I try all the suggestions? By the way the web ring and bravenet stat counter have been on months, but I will try everything I can.

This really could not have come at a worse time to be honest , so thanks for any help.

Regards Paul
                    www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

If it is an issue, sometimes the fastest thing is to delete the page and start over, get rid of the web ring junk and counters (we supply detailed stats in your control panel) that are useless and clogging up your page with bad code that could be causing conflicts.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

O.k I will try this. I will start a fresh with the page and get rid of the web ring and counters. The whole page will be rebuilt with just paypal inserted and if this does not work then I am going to need urgent help one way or the other, as this is causing me no end of problems.

Thanks for the help so far.

Paul
                        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

O.k did as you said ***** and started the page from scratch, it seems to have worked after a few hairs pulled out.

Thanks for everyone who took the time to help me.

Regards Paul
                          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X