Waiting with questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting with questions...

I have switched my website domain to vodahost (trying to get that to go through, I have a hyphen in it that got left out) and I signed up hosting with Blue Voda (I downloaded your incredible software and I was SOLD). Can I still get another domain name free? I would like to change to my domain name without a hyphen now that I know it's a big no-no...

Nothing is working for me yet except the forums. I can't get signed in to the c-panel, my domain isn't showing up on vodahost, and I can't seem to find where I can get a domain for free or if I really can since I am transferring as well as signing up for hosting.

I have already gotten an email saying my website is up and running with y'all, but when I put www.toot-toots.com in it is still on my old host and server.

Will I need to set the nameservers? Will I know when and where to do that? I'm really new to all of this in general and things don't seem to be going through like the tutorials tell me they will.

Thanks for your time...

Hyphens are not neccesarily a no-no.

I have seen many successful websites with hypens.

Example: http://www.good-tutorials.com

If you already recieved your account/password information in your email, you should change your old website's servers to vodahost's servers.

If you can't figure it out, don't hesitate to open a support ticket. Sarah or one of the other Vodahost team members will walk you through all the way.
    ::Steven.H::

Comment

If you already recieved your account/password information in your email, you should change your old website's servers to vodahost's servers.

If you can't figure it out, don't hesitate to open a support ticket. Sarah or one of the other Vodahost team members will walk you through all the way.[/QUOTE]

I had my domain at misk.com and it doesn't recognize the ns1 and ns2.vodahost.com nameserver. It's not locked, I checked. I guess I am just waiting for things to go through at vodahost so that it can all jive. It is still showing no domains registered on vodahost under domains, and my order is being processed. I opened a customer ticket, hopefully it will all go through. Thanks for your help... waiting for the walk through... :O)

Comment

If you haven't got the official email with your account name/password, then it isn't finished processing yet.

It takes sometimes up to 48 hours to process, especially with the transfers.

Don't worry about it, they will work it out.
        ::Steven.H::

Comment

If you have not recieved your username and password yet. Please check
          your spam filters and bulk mail folders of your email software. If you still
          see nothing please open a support ticket.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X