Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with "Center in Browser" option - Pablo's help required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with "Center in Browser" option - Pablo's help required.

I have been trying out this new option, but I don't think that this is working! I have tried on my existing website (www.bettingfromhome.com) which was developed with the previous version of BV by bringing up the page and going into "page properties" then checking the box to activate this option. I then published the site again, but when I display the site it is still aligned to the left of my browser. I then tried to do it again and also tested using the "Preview" option, but this also does not center the page.

I am developing a new site using BV 7.0 and have tried the option with this site in "Preview" too and again this does not appear to work.

The problem is not too bad on a 15" monitor as the page(s) have been designed for this size display. However on a larger monitor, 17" or greater, then the problem is more noticeable.

Is there a bug, or have I missed something somewhere?

Regards,
    Dave
    Last edited by VodaHost; 08-03-2005, 08:33 AM.

No, it's not a bug.
    I've checked your website and both IE and FireFox center your page it the specified page size (1257 pixels)

Here's how it works:
    Since we're using CSS absolute positioning (objects always will be displayed on the same location no matter of the browser screen size), the page is always centered in a 'virtual screen'.
    This means that if your page is designed for 800x600 (page properties), the center in browser option will create a virtual screen and so will center it in the 800x600 area.

This is not a limitation of BlueVoda, but a side effect of CSS's absolute positioning. You can't have 'real' centering and WYSIWYG at the same time.

Anyway, for the best results set the page width to the minimum size your webpage requires and it will show up fine in all browsers.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

The page looks centered to me, even on my 24" monitor.
      ::Steven.H::

Comment

Thanks guys.

I guess I needn't worry then. Who knows, one day I might understand this internet software and web design!!

Regards,
        Dave

Comment

No problem.
          ::Steven.H::

Comment

Working...
          X