help me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me please

ok i am making my site but ran into a problem fairly quickly i was editing my nav bar and i did not know what to make the URL for my page 2 i dont know how to make a page 2 for instance my second page is friends how do i get it so when they click friends on nav bar it goes to Friends page???? its difficult becuz i dont know the URL for friends page and so i cant add the URL usually it says link to page in this document but i dont see that?? please help me :)

Re: help me please

I assume that you have created your first page and that you have named it
    index
    On your index page, on your nav bar you enter the following link....
    i.e.
    http;//yourdomain.xxx/friends.html
    and then publish both pages (your index page and your friends page......

have fun
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by dave007
      ok i am making my site but ran into a problem fairly quickly i was editing my nav bar and i did not know what to make the URL for my page 2 i dont know how to make a page 2 for instance my second page is friends how do i get it so when they click friends on nav bar it goes to Friends page???? its difficult becuz i dont know the URL for friends page and so i cant add the URL usually it says link to page in this document but i dont see that?? please help me :)
      When you create your second page in BV...save it as friends and then this is how your link would look...when you publish the friends.bvp page it will be converted to friends.html by BV. Your link then would look something like this: http://www.yoursitename.com/friends.html

The section in red would be what you would name your pages.

HAve you figured out how many pages you will have and what you will be calling them?

Always best to go over the tutorials a couple of times jsut to make sure you get it down...I even took notes...lol

Good luck and holler if you need more help...hope this helps.

Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

You might find it useful to go through the tutorials first before you go any further. You will learn the language and the pieces will fall into place better you. Before long, you will be helping others in this forum and gain your stripes. Good luck!
        www.hawaiionyourown.com
        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
          You might find it useful to go through the tutorials first before you go any further. You will learn the language and the pieces will fall into place better you. Before long, you will be helping others in this forum and gain your stripes. Good luck!
          www.hawaiionyourown.com
          However, you will get all the help you need from this forum members. LOL
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

wow that was quick thank you i will go try that out thanks i will probaly be on later :)

Comment

It might help if you tell us what your website URL is.

Link to your friends page and copy what appears in your address bar: http://www...... to your NavBar.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi all, I have a web site made on BV and now I purchase a second domain name in order to make a second website, my question is: how could I publish my new Index page? When I buy the domain I did it under the same account I had for the first site.
                Thanks
                Daian.

Comment

You must do the following:
                  1. Change the dns (nameservers) of your new domain, to be the same as the ones of yur main account.
                  2. Add the new domain as ADDON domain in your account. This, will automatically create a new folder inside your site, that will have the same name as your new domain.
                  3. Create also in your computer, a new folder, with the same name. This way the pages of this new site will not get mixed with the old ones.
                  4. Publish your new "index" page as well as all the other new site pages in "public_html/newdomainfolder"
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                  X