Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather

I am looking to ad an icon on my index page showing the current temperature and an option to link to a more detailed view of the weather. Back a few years ago, I used weather.com but it was loaded with pop-up ads. Anyone have any suggestions?

-Thanx

Re: Weather

Try doing a Google search for the Keywords

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I use Qwikcast.com - it's free, and there are no ads on your page. You get today's weather, and if the visitor clicks on it they get a 5 day forecast.

Fairly accurate too.
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

There are several Yahoo widgets you can use. http://widgets.yahoo.com/yahooweatherwidget/
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thank you limebrook1, that's what I was looking for. Always best to get recommendations from others that randomly searching.

Appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by kenhansen
            I am looking to ad an icon on my index page showing the current temperature and an option to link to a more detailed view of the weather. Back a few years ago, I used weather.com but it was loaded with pop-up ads. Anyone have any suggestions?

-Thanx
            Things haven't changed too much, I'm afraid.
            Popular utilities (often distributed as "benign") such as WeatherBug are actually more like termites into your visitor's OS....
            You can try your hand to demonstrate my point, but personally, I avoid them all. I haven't seen yet where allowing another "Big Brother" utility has any real benefits....if I really sought such a function, I would scour the web for a script I could install freestanding....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanx Vasili,

I looked at the other suggestions also. Maybe if they want to know the weather I will just give then a link to the local NBC weather channel. I am dealing with a very unique group. Some are rather **** retentive, but have large wallets.

Comment

i have a link for world wide weather on one of my pages, you might want to check it out - don't know if it will work for you http://www.movingon1.com/geninfo.html
                Ann
                www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
                X