Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move e-mail from old hosting svc to VodaHost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move e-mail from old hosting svc to VodaHost?

I currently use a hosting service based in Michigan and am thinking of moving to VodaHost. Two questions:

1) I have maybe 200 e-mail messages in the webmail account of this Michigan host and would like to somehow move them into the new e-mail account that would be provided by VodaHost. How can I do that?

2) If I switch to VodaHost, I would like to continue using the same e-mail address I've been using with the Michigan host. Is that possible? Do I (or we) need to set a "cutover" date on which the e-mail address will be "handed off" from my current host to VodaHost?

THANKS!

Re: Move e-mail from old hosting svc to VodaHost?

1. Only if your current hoster webmail system has an "export" feature, otherwise you need to create a free account somewhere and forward the mails there (as a temp solution) or just copy / paste them directly on your computer.
    2. When you transfer (or simply "point" ) your domain to the new VH account, there will be a downtime, from 6 - 12 (usually) hrs, max 24 hrs. No solution for the downtime period.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for those two answers. Need to clarify your answer to #2. I believe it was Thu, 8/17 when I put in the request to transfer my domain (jhwm.net) to VodaHost Domains. Are you saying that 24 hours after that transfer is completed, IF I have switched to Voda as my host for that domain, I will be able to re-create in VodaHost the webmail account I've been using with my current hosting company? I hope I'm not confusing things too much with these questions!

Comment

Yes, that's what i mean. From the moment your transfer is complete (or simply the pointing of the nameservers) there will be a 12 to 24 hours downtime. This is the necessary time for the propagation through the internet of your new nameservers. After that, you can set through your CP excactly the same email accounts you have now. You will need to edit your Outlook Express settings to match your VH account settings, after that you're on the air.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X