This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent attention need some one to look at this so I can fix it quickly

1) All my images form the www.candcshires.com web site will not display.
    Video will, text will, but NO images!
    Anyone know what happened or what I need to do to fix this?

I have tried to republish the page but that does not work

In my files it shows the images are there, but errors saying:
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /candcshires/0054.jpg on this server. (same error message is desplayed for all my images - only on this web site)
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

Okay - all I did different today was install viper guest book via Fantastico on both the candcshires & hitchhikinghorses (I figured out how to make it work! that was cool :)

Then I looked at the image galleries, just browsing around... I didn’t mean to install any, but I must have.. So I've gone back and uninstalled it
    ?? is there any way it grabbed my photos and did??? with them???

I need to get this back up ASAP – it is not my web site it’s my friends…I won’t be able to work on it tomorrow (8-21-06) so I really need to fix it tonight. Hope someone can help me with this…
    Becky

Re: Urgent attention need some one to look at this so I can fix it quickly

What have you done? images just don't stop displaying. Have you moved them around?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

did you enable hotlink protection?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Probably installing VIPER enabled HOTLINK PROTECTION. You need to diasble it, or add your site in the list of allowed sites.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

No... I didn't move anything & all my images are still on my pages I built in BV & it said I republished the index page successfully (I could see the images when I looked at them using the temp-preview)

I have all of my images in a Blue voda image folder.
          but question? When I publish a page dosen't the photos get uploaded somewhere else in to a ftp or something file? or everytime some one pulls up the page what does it do? does it grabs the immage from my c: drive?

And Hot link? Nope - I'm still really new to BV and don't really know what I'm doing.. I once in a while get a chance to explore stuff, but I've been so busy working latly - I just did what I needed to get the sites up.

So if I was suppose to do something with hotlink I didn't know I was?
          Was I supposed to do something with it? Not even sure what it was for, but I'm headed off to look at it now
          Becky

Comment

COOL you guys are the greatest!! I disabled the hotlink and what do you know images!!! Thanks so much!
            oh what is hotlinks for anyways?
            Becky

Comment

Hotlink protection, if enabled, doesn't allow live (hotlink) links from otherwebsites to your images, if not listed in the allowed sites list, so other sites can't make use of your pictures (in direct link, not if the copy them)
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again for the help! I have go to work early tomorrow & won’t be able to work on web stuff for a couple of days, so I'm really happy I got to fix this now...
                Good night and really thanks a lot for the help
                Becky

Comment

Originally posted by Beck
                  Thanks again for the help! I have go to work early tomorrow & won’t be able to work on web stuff for a couple of days, so I'm really happy I got to fix this now...
                  Good night and really thanks a lot for the help
                  Becky
                  You are very welcome.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Case solved, thread closed.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X