Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbee guy here webhosting and webpage build

hi guys,

yes a basic question, when i bought a domain name with webhosting facilities, im not sure what to do next ie. i have to build webpage with i.e with yourselves and then what do i do to add it to the webhosters ie. whats the page called to add to my webhosting site?

i only want to start it off then problerly transfer to bluevoda later but dont want to wait for the transfer process .

whats the folder names , i mean when i ftp webpage foler thru ftp to my webhoster.

regards

james

Re: newbee guy here webhosting and webpage build

When you bought your domain name from "webhosting facitlites" they have record of it. They are the keeper of the domain name for you. You must tell them where to point people when they enter your domain name. So if you have webhosting from Voda Host, you would contact the "webhosting facilties" where you registered your domain name and have them point your domian name to Voda Hosts DNS servers. Same process if you get webhosting from Godaddy, Angelfire, Lycos etc.....

Now if you buy webhosting from the same place that registered your domain name- they will automatically set that up for you.

Additionally- you can start right now. Purchase your web hosting from Voda Host. Then have the "webhosting facilities" where you registered the domain name- point them to Voda Host servers. No waiting. Might take 24 to 48 hrs to set up but thats it. You must first decide who is going to be your web hosting company.

Hope that helps,

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
    X