Hello from London, UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from London, UK

Being a new member of the Voda-family, I say hello to everyone! Just when I was beginning to give up on finding a web design software I could easily use, along came BlueVoda and Wham! I became an overnight web design "star". BlueVoda is simply amazing!

Before I get carried away, could you guys kindly help me with these questions as I am not quite grounded in the techie school
    1. How do I work out the size - lenght and width - of a website?
    2. I read a thread on using iframes to create a transparent homepage and it made perfect sense to me. However, hard as I tried, I could not understand exactly what an iframe is and where in Bluevoda it is located.

Please can any one explain these to me? And do kindly bear with me as I may have more questions to ask.
    Bless
    Jahman

Re: Hello from London, UK

Welcome Jahman,
    To Q&A 1, I assume you mean web page. On a blank part of your page, right click your mouse and go to page properties. You can control the size of your page here. TIP: Also go to view at the top of BV & select grid & rulers. This will help with setting out your page.

Q&A 2, an iframe is like a page within a page & can be selected from the 3rd icon down on the left hand side of BV.

Good luck.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Jahman,

Welcome. You are right - BV is amazing. I too had a hard time understanding the web design concept. After much help and trial and error, I got the hang of it. To assist others- I have prepared tutorials. Check them out if you like.

http://netisopen.com/computer/web/webpagestuff.html

Cheers,

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Chris and Andy. I would try all you have suggested, and let you know my progress.
        With guys like you two, who says I wouldn't get it right?
        Thanks again
        Jahman

Comment

Working...
        X