Error 404 when click on link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 404 when click on link

Ok, help me somebody. I named my 2nd page main_page.html and on the index page there is a enter button. I put the link code as www.thenextofkin.com/main_page.html and didn't put anything in the _self etc box. I published it and it is in the public_html folder with the index. So what am I doing wrong? Help

Re: Error 404 when click on link

I did not see an index page in your files? Make sure it is index all small letters.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Try Andy’s tip 1st. When I go for your index page I get NONE in the top left corner. Just a little note for you. The www.thenextofkin.com/main_page.html page has a great picture but took ages to load & I am on a fast connection. Let others confirm this 1st
      But it may have to come down a bit in size..

Chris.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok, I can now pull up the pages when I manually type in the page name i.e. www.thenextofkin.com/about_us.html
        My links are not working now. I have followed the directions according to the tutorial videos on nameing them and all. Any ideas?

Comment

Some of your links are working, others like Dave's are either not done/published or are incorrect, check the spelling. About_us works fine.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hello,
            It took 15 seconds for the photo to load on my cable connection.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by thenextofkin
              Ok, I can now pull up the pages when I manually type in the page name i.e. www.thenextofkin.com/about_us.html
              My links are not working now. I have followed the directions according to the tutorial videos on nameing them and all. Any ideas?
              Try to remember to "refresh" your browser when taking a new look after publishing pages.....

And, try publishing a few more pages, so we can see them. Be sure to leave no spaces in bewteen words (use an underscore: _ ), and to keep them all lower case.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X