Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

How do I include a search tab on my website to allow people to search for information available on the website?

Moreover how do I include a google search tab on my website

Re: Please help

I believe you would have to join Google ads sense to get one. I know I can place it on my site via this method. But their may be alternatives on Google. Try this link for more info. https://www.google.com/adsense/?hl=en_GB&sourceid=ASO&subid=UK-HA-UK_GB

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris is absolutely correct.. To use a Google search engine you need to sign up for Google Adsense ut this is a good thing, you will get paid.

FPRULES

Comment

use the "search" feature in this forum and you will get your answer - there is code to put a search on your site. i believe the post was " how do i put a search on my site."
        Ann
        www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
        www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
        www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

this should get you there - http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...search+feature
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

It is NOT true that you need to sign up with adwords to use the Google search feature on your website. However, I don't recommend theirs as it does then mean you get Google results also.

Using the search feature on this website helps tons - I will tell you that I use FreeFind - because of it's ease of use to integrate onto the site.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

With recent program developments and some rather disconcerting revelations with regard to the entanglements of getting involved with Google (and how their "free" tools may not be free after all, as Beth alluded to above), there are still options open when using Blue Voda, and a simple cart function added also.

You can mimic a "search" function in BV if you simply categorize your merchandise on separate pages (possibly using a Table format), and steering the User-lookup via a "Go Menu" which would list those pages in a logistical fashion. Individual products could be linked to single-product only pages if desired, as well as have a thumbnail "pop-up" for a larger image.

Use of a shopping cart will allow the greatest freedom in implementing a "Search" (it's an integral feature), and since it is a format contained on your website, administered by you, it also frees you from the "hidden" aspects of getting involved with a foreign influence like Google. Keep in mind that even Content becomes "searchable" when populating a cart page: you can have a content-only website, and simply utilize the search feature thus.

Probably one of the simplest 'carts' to use with Blue Voda is MALS (as Beth can testify), since it really is quite similar to BV in how it formats and can be manipulated. If you choose to go another route, keep in mind that eCommerce solutions usually require a much different learning curve, as they have many more functions and relationships to organize and present products and information accordingly. So if you are looking for a simple solution (search and cart) to keep your BV site, and choose to remain out of arms reach from Google or another "provider" then MALS might be the best answer for you to consider seriously.

IMO
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi

I have decided to try Freefind and have had freefind index my site (using my temp URL -not going over main domain until all is working fine!)

I have tried to add the HTML code to the page but it isnt working. Do i have edit the HTML on notepad as suggested? Is there a simpler way of explaining to me what to do!

hEEEELP!
                Beth , you seem to be the expert on freefind installation?

Thanks in advance
                Michelle

Comment

Dont worry guys,

Sorted it out- the penny finally dropped!

Cheers
                  Michelle

Comment

Working...
                  X