Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help re tags

Hi everyone,

We (John and Ruth) are new to the forum, we've been reading the messages here but are a bit overwhelmed with the amount of info (beginers). Our site is www.runesandreadings.com . If anyone could make some suggestions as to good first steps with tagging it would be a huge help to us! Look forward to hearing from you,

many thanks, Ruth and John
    Mystical Curiosity Shop

Re: Can anyone help re tags

John and Ruth

1st, you have a ton of keywords in your meta tags that you dont use on your page! BIG NO NO. Pick four or five or even 10 but make sure they are mentioned in good context on your page. Remember, you can put keyword tags on each page, so its not necessary to spam on pages that dont have them.

Secondly, down at the bottom of the home page you have a purple box with another set of keywords...again...this could get you blacklisted faster than you can blink. Fix it immediately! Once upon a time people got good ranking doing this hidden text thing, but thats not the case anymore.

Design your site for the viewer first, and the search engine second. If your customer can navigate it well, find what they are looking for and with good content driven keywords, you will be successful, but avoid black hat techniques, or the only visitors you will get will be from those you personally tell about the site.

Karen Mac

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

And, I apologize if the above sounded harsh, was not my intention, however, I am alarmed that if you leave things as they are you will get black listed, rather you intended to or not!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Dear Karen,

Thanks very much for taking the time to look and reply, I'm in the process of doing the things you suggested! You frankness is welcome, if there are any other glaring NO NOs or other problems you noticed please don't hold back.

Many thanks, Ruth and John
        Mystical Curiosity Shop

Comment

Working...
        X