Borders to big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borders to big

My website has changed and I don`t know how.
    THE RIGHTHAND BORDER IS TO BIG AND SPOILS THE APPEARANCE.
    I`m reluctant to try to change it untill I know what I`m doing.
    Please can someone help?
    God bless to all.
    Martyn
    http://www.winesincornwall.co.uk

Re: Borders to big

Martyn.. I can't see the borders, but I can see that the width of the page is too much.. Check page properties and see if the width is 800px.

Comment

Your page is too large. your background image also, so stretch them both to be 800 or 1024 in width, center your page and publish again.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I`ve tried to reduce the page size to 800 but nothing has happened. I`ve saved and published as normal and performed the deed in Page properties.
        If this isn`t right could someone help more please.
        Thanks,
        Martyn

Comment

Your page is now 991 pixels wide. Please note that just setting the width in 800 will NOT actually set your page width in 800, if you have objects outside that limit. In your case, both the background image as well as the right hand Google ads, are outside this 800 px limit.

Also you have NOT centered your page, please do so, so the wjite space will be the same at both right and left hand sides.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign..........Is there a quick way to do this or will I have to re-build the site from scratch.
            Thanks again,
            Martyn

Comment

I beleive you can do it in about 10 - 15 minutes per page, by simply rearranging text and banners
              Navaldesign

Comment

OK.........I`ll have a go then perhaps you would examine my site.
                I`ll post again when I`ve done it.

Comment

I`ve had a go but there is still a small margin at the side and the bottom.
                  Any ideas?
                  Martyn

Comment

I thought it may help if I used the "align" feature so that I could get the right hand side sorted but all options are greyed out.
                    Any ideas,
                    Martyn

Comment

The align tool will work after you have selected at least two objects
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I think you set the height & width the wrong way round. Just an idea for you! Go to the top of BV & select shapes & make up a shape 800wx60h in black, Push it as far left as you can on the screen. If you see anything past this shape on the right hand side of your screen, these will be the items that will be causing the scroll bars. Once you have brought everything to within that black shape, delete the black shape & recheck your page size in properties to 800. Then publish.

Good luck.

Chris.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign. I`ve implemented all the instructions and unless I`ve missed something my problems remain,
                          Any more ideas please/
                          Thanks again,
                          Martyn

Comment

Thanks Chris. I`ve been to the shape box but can`t quite follow your instructions with what is showing.i.e.Shape-----Fill effects----Border....how do I implement your instructions.
                            Thanks,
                            Martyn

Comment

If you have made up the 600x60 shape/horizontal oblong box & placed it on the screen to the far left. Any thing you see that you have placed on your page beyond the right hand side of that shape is causing the page to be too wide & giving you scroll bars. The shape is just another type of temporary ruler. When you size your shape use the measurements box at the bottom right of BV & not the rulers around the screen. As these are dependent on where your mouse cursor is.
                              Basically you need to bring items you have placed on your page over to the left a bit more & place them within that 800 width.
                              Think you will have to resize your flags & logo to accomplish this?

Good luck,

Chris.
                              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X