Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duel computer recommendations.

Hello,

I will soon be getting a 2nd computer...notebook, (too many kids) for myself. I am wondering what steps I need to take so that I can work on my site from either. I mostly question what I need to do as far as my BV folder is concerned. Would I need to copy that folder from one puter to the other daily?

With my kids on our main computer I am always affraid they'll lock it up therefore that is the reason I decided to purchase a nootbook as backup.

Hope my question makes sense.

Love this place,
    Tom
    http://local1166.us

Re: Duel computer recommendations.

There’s a few ways this could be done. As you suggested down load BV on to your laptop & transfer by disk or CD. But possibly the best way is to set up a small network with a connection between your machines to enable sharing. This can be done via a hub/switch or for you it sound like you just need a cross over lead/cable between the machines. You can buy leads from 2 meters & up to 30met+ already made up for this. You have to set it up on the machines & MS makes it easy to do. This will also give you access to the .NET on your laptop via your main machine. It will also allow you to share printers.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Buy an external hard drive and use it to store BV data, that way you can work off any computer. Trying to work off two pc's with kids sharing one may not work.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
        Buy an external hard drive and use it to store BV data, that way you can work off any computer. Trying to work off two pc's with kids sharing one may not work.
        Never thought of that. Great idea!

Thanks,
        Tom
        http://local1166.us

Comment

You're welcome.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

However, you need to synchronize the two BV folders each time you edit or add content, otherwise you might have problems with pics naming that could cause conflicts.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X