Mozilla Firefox vs Internet Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox vs Internet Explorer

If I use Firefox to open web site start is a flash intro www.nz-stroke.com when it redirects to main page it opens then skips to error 404.....

This is the main page www.nz-stroke/index1.html.......after load this is what I get http://www.nz-stroke.com/newpage_or_URL.html

Now with Internet Explorer open www.nz-stroke.com flash intro/redirect main page sweet.

Any ideas on how to fix bug for page load for Firefox users?

Gezze as I have been typing this out I have been thinking about it.......I have a script in the start of the page..

<head>
    <title>Young Stroke Survivors New Zealand</title>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="X; URL=newpage_or_URL.html">
    </head>

Works fine for Internet Explorer not for Firefox, have taken it of site............................PROBLEM FIXED lol
    Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Firefox is still full of bugs and does not support all the features that IE has.
    I guess we'll have to wait for the FireFox developers to fix all those incompatibilities.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

I don't believe I will ever convert to Firefox, I am happy with Internet Explorer.
      ::Steven.H::

Comment

The only thing Firefox has going for it is tabbed browsing...IE 7 which will be released shortly, also has tabbed browsing..I would stick with IE. The fox is full of bugs.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

VodaHost The only thing Firefox has going for it is tabbed browsing...IE 7 which will be released shortly, also has tabbed browsing..I would stick with IE. The fox is full of bugs.
          that's funny!

if tabbed browsing would be the only feature that firefox has over IE then people would use opera or maxthon or netscape and not mozilla firefox. I am a webdesigner and I know that IE is full of incompatibillities and bugs and has a lack of support for moddern technologies like CSS and many others.

read this please:

http://www.astreet.com/print.php?sid=292

"According to this article, "CERT recommends that Explorer users consider other browsers that are not affected by the attack, such as Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape and Opera." Quite a statement from CERT - this is related to a fairly recent IIS or IE exploit that has already affected some high traffic web sites, such as the Kelley Blue Book website."
          http://slashdot.org/articles/04/06/2...tid=172&tid=95

http://www.bobplumb.com/Article73.html

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has announced that recent threats target Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser. In addition, they recommend changing to a different web browser.

Read the article at the Washington Post.
          so you still think that mozilla is buggy?

Comment

If you have followed the news lately, you have notice that firefox has exactly the same security issues as Internet Explorer. And just like with IE, new leaks are discovered every day.
            I've seen the source code of FireFox and I personally do think that it's not as structured and of the same quality as Microsoft's code.

And while designing BlueVoda we came across many incompatibilties between IE and FireFox that forced us to remove some very nice features from the webbuilder just to be sure FireFox would understand our HTML.
            Forum Moderator
            BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Opera Vs. FireFox Vs. IE

I personally Use Opera more than any other web browser I own. I have not used firefox but if its that Buggy I probably will never use it.

Opera has issues too with viewing certain pages but they are tolerable. I only use opera because it opens and seems to load pages faster via the tabbed browsing. And you can turn off images among other things if you want.

I always know that when designing to finish the project in I.E. even if I start designing it and viewing it in opera.

I think it would only be smart to do ALL projects in I.E. since ALL windows users have this browser standard.

Just put a "designed for.." sign at the bottom. I am sure people won't have too much of a problem opening up I.E. if your site is really good.
              Bluevoda Website
              www.bluevodaxtra.com

Comment

Poeple love bashing Microsoft, god knows i do it all the time. But the truth of the matter is that they have unlimited resources to create fantastic products. IE 7
                is excellent and FrontPage is almost as good as BlueVoda.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Internet Explorer 7.0

"Front Page almost as good as Bluevoda" haha.. good one.. j/k

Actually I saw a couple of comments by developers using IE7 and one actually said something along the lines of "you will drop all other browsers!" Man.. Thats some statement.

I really want to see this new explorer, I would love tabbed browsing in IE. It really helps when designing. I know I will be one of the firsts to download it when it finally is released.
                  Bluevoda Website
                  www.bluevodaxtra.com

Comment

My brother works for Microsoft.

Probably the only reason I don't bash them.

Comment

Pablo, you may have seen firefoxes source but you sure couldn't see IE's. As far as I know, microsofts coders are nothing special, if they were there wouldn't be so manny bugs.

I have seen some source code that has been hacked away from microsoft about a year ago and I can say that it's funny. All that cursing inside comments shows how much they enjoy writing it. That probably reflects on the quality of the code itself!

Firefox has had only ONE and I say only one major bug since it's release and IE has had hundrets if not thousands (god knows what would happen if someone got his hands on the IE source code). Oh yeah, firefox team fixes their code in the matter of hours, microsoft sometimes ignores warnings and you get patches in a couple of months - that is IF you get any patches at all.

This browser war is pointless, I won't post any more replies. I think that browsing quality is one's own choice and I choose to browse with some protection.

If IE7 will be more secure, faster and more functionall than firefox I will gladly switch - it's all about quality. But for now I'm sticking with the more reasonable choice - Firefox!

Oh yeah, I had to re-edit, I forgot something.
                      I don't like bashing microsoft, I think windows xp and some other MS products are great but I personally use linux & freebsd for my work and windows for fun and graphic designing. I hope longhorn or windows vista as they call this new OS now will be more secure (I can't help it, I'm parainoid when it comes to these things) and then maybe some bashing will stop, but I read 2 or 3 days ago that a first virus was allready made for this new os so let the fun begin.

Yeah VodaHost, MS sure has a lot of money. I would be happy with 0.5% of their annual income :)))
                      Last edited by sburner; 08-13-2005, 03:26 AM.

Comment

I don't know what your saying by Firefox only has one major bug?

My friend uses firefox and atleast 1/10 websites he tries to view, fail.

You call this a major bug? This is more than major, you can't even few certain websites! Internet Explorer has no bugs, atleast I haven't found one.

I have never had a problem with Internet Explorer and probably never will.

The average internet user won't find any bugs with Internet Explorer, but they will find many with Firefox.

I would hate to have to switch browsers everytime I wanted to go to a certain website, that is pathetic.

Comment

Then don't switch. Yes, you are an average user and IE suits you just fine. As only one major bug I ment the security voulnerability that was discovered some time ago. With IE you get those all the time.

Give me the urls of the websites your friend can't access, I'll try to find out why he can't access them. I somehow don't have those kind of problems.

Internet Explorer has no bugs, atleast I haven't found one.
                          Don't ever post something like this again, I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but people are allready laughing. There is allmost NO software out there without bugs, get real, and IE is famous for having them. Why you still haven't found one only shows how average internet user you are or that you may have even experienced some bugs without knowing what they were. I had to reply to this one :)
                          Last edited by sburner; 08-13-2005, 09:45 AM.

Comment

sburner,

Just for your information, I've have seen not only seen the IE source code, but I almost know it by heart...

There is no software (of this size) that's bugfree, just when you think it's idiot proof they invent a better class of idot...

Pablo
                            Forum Moderator
                            BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Originally posted by sburner
                              Then don't switch. Yes, you are an average user and IE suits you just fine. As only one major bug I ment the security voulnerability that was discovered some time ago. With IE you get those all the time.

Give me the urls of the websites your friend can't access, I'll try to find out why he can't access them. I somehow don't have those kind of problems.

Don't ever post something like this again, I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but people are allready laughing. There is allmost NO software out there without bugs, get real, and IE is famous for having them. Why you still haven't found one only shows how average internet user you are or that you may have even experienced some bugs without knowing what they were. I had to reply to this one :)
                              I am probably surf on the internet more than 95% of people here on the forums, you misinterpreted my statements. Of course every software has some sort of a bug, but I have seriously never encountered any bug in Internet Explorer that has prohibited me from surfing websites. I am sure there are bugs out there, but who cares, most people won't notice/find them.

Not just my friend encounters these problems, a lot of websites dealing with downloads, such as ebaum's world, do not work well in Firefox.

Here are a few:
                              Odeon.co.uk
                              Jobcentreplus.gov.uk
                              Insurance.co.uk
                              British American Tobacco
                              Mansell.plc.uk
                              Companieshouse.gov.uk
                              Flybmi.com/cargo
                              bssuk.co.uk

By the way, its nice meeting you too, I hope you enjoy your stay at Vodahost.
                              Last edited by Steven.H; 08-13-2005, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X